Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Recognize these?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Literati914
I found 11 of these small bolts while going thru extra parts, one of them had the small sleeve (red arrow) over it. There is a prominent dimple in the top of the hex head. Anyone recognize these bolts ?
ctc911ctc
Engine Bay torsion Rod Bolts?
Literati914
QUOTE(ctc911ctc @ Jul 12 2022, 07:38 PM) *

Engine Bay torsion Rod Bolts?

I think the bolts there, are built in to the chassis, and sticking up so that you just slip the retaining brackets over and add the nut.

Other ideas?

914Sixer
Nothing I have seen in the last 30+ years.
Literati914
That's good enough for me, thanks.

9146GUY
They sort of look like ring gear bolts. The ones that lock with a tab and hold the ring gear on the diff.
Root_Werks
Remind me of flywheel bolts the one "cap" bolt looks like a plug to something? Don't think they are 914 related.
bdstone914
I agree with the ring gear bolts.
windforfun
You know, IMHO, you have to do a "hats off" to the guy who designed & tested these things. Were these developed with FEA software?
Superhawk996
QUOTE(windforfun @ Jul 13 2022, 08:05 PM) *

Were these developed with FEA software?

I think 1st commercially available NASTRAN software (early FEA) wasn't available until 1969. Highly doubt it's use here since 914 and/or 901 transmission designs were already well established prior to 1969.
904svo
that looks like 901-102-025 for a 6 cyl engine
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.