Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Steering wheel rubber horn button
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mmichalik
I have sent my steering wheel out to get wrapped this week. I've cleaned and painted the spokes on the wheel but, the rubber horn button is faded and old. In the PET, it's is part number 914.613.805.12
Does anyone have any good suggestions for revitalizing this piece? Have people used the Duplicolor Vinyl and Fabric paint with any success here?
Is there a better option?
I searched the forum but didn't have any luck.
Thanks!
914Sixer
NLA for a long time. Might try putting WTB and see what comes up. I have 4 or 5 in fair good condition. Thinking Mike Fitton had one for sale in the Classified section
76-914
I've had great results with Duplicolor on plastics. No fading, peeling, cracking, etc. Never tried it on fabric. beerchug.gif
Pursang
Hijack, sort of. I apologize. A couple of months ago my horn would occasionally beep as I made a turn. The horn ring on the steering wheel became a little higher on the right and depressed on the left. Then, a few weeks later, the horn stuck on. I removed the horns from behind the driving light grilles. Now the horn ring is loose in the on/off mode but is still in its proper rotational position.

I'm guessing that there have some sort of plastic spacers that hold the ring in the correct spacing. I am hesitant to try and remove the assembly. I read that the horn ring can be removed by holding it separately from the wheel and rotating it counter clockwise. Have any of you seen this problem before? I'm OK with not having my horn but I would rather have it back. One thing that I DON'T want is to have the ring broken off.

Any advice is appreciated. Again, sorry mmichalic for the hijack, at least it's about the steering wheel. driving.gif
mmichalik
@pursang no.worries
@bullethead thanks, I sent a pm to him
JamesJ
https://sierramadrecollection.com/914-914-6...-76-p24613.html

They also sell a new bracket.
mmichalik
@JamesJ I will check that out! Thanks
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.