Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CHT
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
NARP74
My guess is this is not factory. Where should it be on a 3.2?
Click to view attachment
SirAndy
QUOTE(NARP74 @ Jul 17 2022, 11:21 AM) *
My guess is this is not factory

blink.gif
Dave_Darling
That looks to be a ring thermocouple which would be used for a gauge. They are made to go under spark plugs, generally.

It should not have anything to do with the FI; you don't really need it.

--DD
emerygt350
It looks like it is in poor shape too. I wouldnt reuse it even if you put it where it belongs (around a spark plug). A cht gauge is a fantastic thing to have, but I wouldnt trust that one's readings.
Luke M

On a 3.2 the cht sensor screws into the side of the #3 cylinder head.
Look at the sheet metal covering that rear section you should see the wire hanging through it. That is if its in a 911 and factory motronic. If not it could be covered up with the engine sheet metal . Either way look at the #3 head.
emerygt350
QUOTE(Luke M @ Jul 18 2022, 07:24 AM) *

Look at the sheet metal covering that rear section you should see the wire hanging through it. That is if its in a 911 and factory motronic. If not it could be covered up with the engine sheet metal . Either way look at the #3 head.

I think we are looking at an aftermarket cht sender, not a part of the injection system.
NARP74
It's in a 914, I am guessing it is just for the gauge. I can't imagine that working for the FI. It is not a sensor or sender. I need to follow it back to see where it goes.
emerygt350
QUOTE(NARP74 @ Jul 18 2022, 09:02 AM) *

It's in a 914, I am guessing it is just for the gauge. I can't imagine that working for the FI. It is not a sensor or sender. I need to follow it back to see where it goes.

The sender for gauge chts are exactly like that. Just a ring of metal on a wire. A special ring, and a special wire.
Luke M
QUOTE(emerygt350 @ Jul 18 2022, 07:35 AM) *

QUOTE(Luke M @ Jul 18 2022, 07:24 AM) *

I think we are looking at an aftermarket cht sender, not a part of the injection system.

I was answering the question on the location. What the op has posted is not a factory 3.2 cht sensor nor right location. The 3.2 org cht sensor is screwed into the side of the #3 cyl head and can be accessed through the rear engine sheet metal. What is pictured could be aftermarket unit that is supposed to go under a spark plug. Check the #3 head and you'll see a section that is milled off and has a hole with threads.
emerygt350
Yes, but are you describing the location of the cht that the ecu uses or the cht a gauge would use. That there, is something a gauge would use.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.