Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: distubutor throttle body question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tod914
car is a non-cali 75 2.0. On the distributor (that silver disk that looks like a flying saucer; vacum adv maybe??)
it has 2 tiny pipes comming off it. The one in the rear, is connected to the air pressure unit. but on the front, there isno place on the throttle body to connect it to. The area where it should go, is by the spring mech on the throttle body. there is no pipe to connect it to. My friends 73, has the pipe on the throttle body to connect it. Is something wrong? wrong distib for the car? wrong throttle body? Or is that normal for a non cali 75 2.0?

Thanks
SirAndy
yepp, just leave it open. if you have to have your car smogged put a hose on there and stick it under the throttle body so it looks like it's hooked up to something ...

Andy
tod914
Ok so what your saying that is normal i take it.
SirAndy
some throttle bodies (like my 1.8) had 2 connectors, but others like yours only had one.
concensus here on the board is that you should just put a hose on the second one and stash it under the throttle body so the smogg-inspector doesn't freak out ...

on my 1.8, it doesn't seem to make ANY difference whatsoever if i connect the 2nd hose to the throttle body or leave it off. just don't plugg it ...

Andy
Bleyseng
If you want to improve your off throttle response get a 73 2.0l Throttle body with the two ports. OR drill and install the port tubing and connect it up.
It really does help between 1500-3000 rpms.
I think BAnders has a chart on it if you are dying to see proof.

Geoff idea.gif
TheCabinetmaker
where would we find that?
Bleyseng
www.members.Rennlist.com/pbanders

The bible on Djet
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.