Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Blinking Red Dash Light
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jim_hoyland
Bob and I bled the brakes Sunday and they work fine, fluid level is high. While bleeding the resivoir ran real low once.
Today, I just noticed the re light blinking even with the parking brake handle fully down. IIRC, there’s a reset button? But I don’t remember where it is.
Jett
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Jul 18 2022, 06:45 AM) *

Bob and I bled the brakes Sunday and they work fine, fluid level is high. While bleeding the resivoir ran real low once.
Today, I just noticed the re light blinking even with the parking brake handle fully down. IIRC, there’s a reset button? But I don’t remember where it is.

Try this: http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=293708
jim_hoyland
Thanks for that link; I’ll look for that reset button.
NARP74
I have also had my parking brake button get flaky. With the brake handle in the up position, reach down and press the button several times and make sure the light goes on and off as it should.
jim_hoyland
I turned the front wheels full right but didn’t see it; does the belly pan have to be removed 1st ?
Here’s a pic of what I’m looking for…..
troth
It should have a rubber cap over it.
emerygt350
It's visible through a small area where your tierod enters the wheel well. If I remember right...
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(emerygt350 @ Jul 18 2022, 10:45 AM) *

It's visible through a small area where your tierod enters the wheel well. If I remember right...

So the pan doesn’t need removal ?
sportlicherFahrer
Shouldn't. Depending on ride height you might not even need to jack the car up. Turn the wheels full lock to the right and you should be able to see the left side of the master cylinder just under the left tie rod. Sensor is on the left side of the master with the reset button sticking out of it. Mine was under a boot. My steering pan also had a hole directly under the sensor that made it easier to see/reach the reset button.
jim_hoyland
Took the wheel off and found the rubber cap had to reach in with long needle nose plier to get it off.
Then I pushed the reset button.
Problem now is I don’t have enough room to reach in to put the wire and cap back on.
And, the bolts holding the pan on are frozen.
jim_hoyland
Mission accomplished smile.gif still gotta get the car on a lift to remove the belly pan bolts. And I like the idea of a hole to access the switch
76-914
Jim., I'm an hour and a half from you but your always welcome to use my lift. Just not this week. av-943.gif I'll be at the WCR. beerchug.gif
jim_hoyland
Thanks Kent; have a great WCR trip !
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.