Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Thinking of selling my '72
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BK911
1972 Porsche 914
Willow green
Very solid; perfect hell hole and rockers
10 year old restoration on suspension, brakes and steering; elephant rubber bushings, turbo tie rods, all new bearings, shocks, rebuilt calipers, new MC, rubber lines, etc...
Original engine with ~120k miles; odo hasnt worked in years
Engine has 4 - 6% leakdown
Tranny shifts ok, have to slow down to get in first
Needs 3 1"x1" patches where drivers side rocker cover attaches to rocker ( rust perforations where screws went through body)
Running on Empis but have complete FI in boxes.

Pulled engine to replace clutch cable and have not been motivated enough to reinstall yet.
Drive my auto miata most of the time now.
Tells me it is time!

Cosmetically in OK shape; needs seats recovered, new dash, and also has some minor hail damage to front/rear deck lids. Have blasted and primed decklids available.
Also have a 2056 kit in boxes; raby carb cam kit, new 96mm P/Cs, jesco machined case and crank, etc...

Ball park what she is worth? beerchug.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
930cabman
mepstein
I think 15 is optimistic. It’s a nice looking project but still needs a lot of expensive work. GLWTS. beerchug.gif
emerygt350
I always wonder how much mine would be worth when I add the "I will drive it to you anywhere connected to NY by roads or ferry, it runs that good and is that reliable..."
BENBRO02
Desirable color and a lot of potential. I don’t believe I have ever seen a Willow Green car in person. I love rare colors!
Front yard mechanic
Your avatar alone makes it worth a bundle
BK911
Thanks guys.
Still not sure which way I am leaning.

Not sure what expensive work is required?
Original engine still has a lot of life left.
Next level would be to recover seats, new dash, and paint f/r hoods.
I even have enough brown basket weave material to recover both seats and door cards, even though door cards are fine.

VERY solid mostly original sheet metal.

Sourced all/most parts for the 2056 but the original engine runs so good I never felt the need to replace yet.

So only number thrown out was $15k?
Was that including the 2056 parts?
So maybe 12k for the car and 3k for the 2056?

BK911
QUOTE(Front yard mechanic @ Jul 18 2022, 09:08 PM) *

Your avatar alone makes it worth a bundle

Yea. Taken at Sebring a few years ago. Yummy!!
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(BK911 @ Jul 19 2022, 08:09 AM) *

Thanks guys.
Still not sure which way I am leaning.

Not sure what expensive work is required?
Original engine still has a lot of life left.
Next level would be to recover seats, new dash, and paint f/r hoods.
I even have enough brown basket weave material to recover both seats and door cards, even though door cards are fine.

VERY solid mostly original sheet metal.

Sourced all/most parts for the 2056 but the original engine runs so good I never felt the need to replace yet.

So only number thrown out was $15k?
Was that including the 2056 parts?
So maybe 12k for the car and 3k for the 2056?

Numbers on sales and auction sales are all over the place,
for sure not less than $12k, if there is no long or jack point, hell hole longs etc.
It looks like just a little bit of cosmetic work with interior clean up, like carpet kit and the upholstery getting done and it could be $20k with the parts included for motor refresh.
sounds like the suspension upgrades should be good for a while still since it hasn't had a lot of miles put on it. If you put a little time and or $ into addressing the few thinks that are likely to turn off some buyers, i think you could do BAT or PCArmarket and get the most out of it.

Phil
Jett
IMO best color 914!

Without rust issues, I think $15K is spot on, but after purchase I would expect to go thru the car mechanically and cosmetically, and invest and additional $10-15K smile.gif but she deserves it.
Mayne
It might be worth paying someone to put the motor back in and get it running. Add in a solid detailing and a well written ad, and you might doing pretty well.
930cabman
QUOTE(Mayne @ Jul 19 2022, 11:58 AM) *

It might be worth paying someone to put the motor back in and get it running. Add in a solid detailing and a well written ad, and you might doing pretty well.

agree.gif a couple bucks spend up front may help on the back end
windforfun
IMO, now's a bad time to sell a hobby car. Stay cool.

beer3.gif beer3.gif beer3.gif
worn
the color will sell the car. sorry to have you out of a teen.
BK911
Thanks again.
During my ~15 years of ownership a LOT of other cars have come and gone.
Wifey couldn't believe I was considering selling.
I cant believe it either.
So thanks for talking me down from the ledge!
Going to keep her for now and try to make some time to get her back together.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.