Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT- Saw "The Island"
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
neo914-6
Still picture Scarlett Johansson as her character from the Pearl, Steve Buscemi had a few funny moments...

theisland.com

Cadillac Cien:
Maltese Falcon
Everybody go see it...Michael Bay needs the Box Office $$$ wink.gif
MF
carreraguy
Hey Felix!
I wanted to see The Island as I'm a big fan of Scarlett but was blown away by the movie! I kinda guessed the plot line before it was revealed, but all the same a very enjoyable movie. It was avery interesting combination of a few scifi movies I've seen before but all the same very well done! Highly recommended; will likely see it again with my son this weekend. The way it was done kind of felt like two movies in one - you'll under stand when you see it. Excellent action scenes too!
carreraguy
Geeez! I just checked out the website for The Island; whatever you do, if you're thinking of seeing this movie - DON'T visit the website! It gives away waaaayyyyy to much of the plot!
neo914-6
QUOTE (Maltese Falcon @ Aug 4 2005, 09:19 PM)
Everybody go see it...Michael Bay needs the Box Office $$$ wink.gif
MF

I'd say bad timing and not a good choice of title...

I almost saw War of the Worlds but really don't care to contribute to Tom's success. laugh.gif

It was avery interesting combination of a few scifi movies

Parts of it felt like Logan's Run for those that remember... wink.gif

tat2dphreak
I saw the island when it was called "Logan's Run" ... wink.gif

I was watching some movie show and they were breaking down the plot... I thought, "man, sounds like Logan's Run"... sure enough... the critic was even... "the plot's basically the same as logan's run with some new special effects... "

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.