Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1975 914 sticking throttle
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Smkt342
I’ve been trying to read different articles about sticking throttles. Mine just sticks right off idol or anytime I let the throttle off and shift gears which is kind of like when the throttle is closed again. The cable and how it’s mounted to the pedal seems fine. I’m thinking it might be the throttlebody issue with it getting wallowed out and need a bushing. Does anyone know who still does this type of work? I’ve tried to rule out the other areas but I’m not quite sure how to diagnose if it was truly the throttlebody. Any help on that would be greatly appreciated It’s a 1975 914.
brant
mine was the throttle body when I had that problem
the factory design does not use a stop on the TB
so the butterfly acts as the stop on that end.

eventually the butterfly wears into the TH and starts to stick... when you press the throttle again.

my fix, was to send it to the guy rebuilding the Throttle bodies in New mexico
he slightly bore the TB enough to get rid of the wear grooves.
then built a new butterfly to correctly fit the TB throat
then adds an actual stop to the linkage on the TB so that it doesn't happen again in 50K

GregAmy
Phil Eslin, pbeslins@msn.com
rfinegan
My 75 Djet did the same thing. I recently put new bushings in the throttle plate and no longer does this. I used a reamer and bushing kit from Ebay for about 25-30 bucks - ez to do too...
Smkt342
Yep it's the TB. Thanks guys! Much appreciated!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.