Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another LE Car Found/Identified
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
friethmiller
Call me crazy but I just purchased this a few weeks ago. Found it on Facebook Marketplace - located an hour northeast of Dallas, TX. The owner said the floors were in good shape but had some rust in the Hell Hole. Ha! I knew better. Luckily I didn't pay much for it. I had a feeling it was an LE. Turns out... I was right! Just got confirmation from Porsche today - sent info to Jeff B. Funny, I just finished a 4-year restoration on my existing '74 in February. What's a few more years for another? blink.gif She going back to an original bumblebee!

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
NARP74
Floors are in good shape and ran when parked!
windforfun
Right on dude! Good for you!

beerchug.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif
friethmiller
The PO did a great job on the rear trunk pan, too... NOT! WTF man?! Going to have to completely redo it. It's lightly tacked in place without the trunk reinforcement piece. @914werke - I'm going to need that center tunnel. Going to need a build-thread for this beast, too, I guess!
Dion
Another being saved! piratenanner.gif beerchug.gif
Beach914
Congrats on the find ! Looking forward to seeing your rebuild thread.
TheCabinetmaker
Great find.
rgalla9146

I that an original LE front spoiler ?
Steve
Heating and Air Conditioning!! What a find!!
wonkipop
nice beerchug.gif

must be cool living somewhere 914s sit out in paddocks waiting.

i take it thats not texas rust?

can still remember a bumblebee on the street in chicago when i lived there. rust holes in the side bodywork you could put your fist through. that was 1988/89!
sad.gif
friethmiller
QUOTE(Beach914 @ Jul 20 2022, 05:17 PM) *

Congrats on the find ! Looking forward to seeing your rebuild thread.

Thanks! I will create one! Going to need a lot of help from the "LE Experts"
friethmiller
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Jul 20 2022, 05:40 PM) *

I that an original LE front spoiler ?

I do not think so. It's missing the dimples on the ends. I'll get a closer look when I get up to the front. Currently disassembling from the rear forward.
friethmiller
QUOTE(wonkipop @ Jul 20 2022, 08:25 PM) *

nice beerchug.gif

must be cool living somewhere 914s sit out in paddocks waiting.

i take it thats not texas rust?

can still remember a bumblebee on the street in chicago when i lived there. rust holes in the side bodywork you could put your fist through. that was 1988/89!
sad.gif

Ha! It came from Florida, that's all I know.
JeffBowlsby
Happy Days! Congrats. Post photos of the end of the spoiler if there is any doubt.
bkrantz
Now that's some fancy floor ventilation.
DBF
I'm not an LE expert but have an original (except for one repaint due to stone chips) unrestored bumblebee. Let me know if you need any photos as you proceed with the restoration.
JeffBowlsby
QUOTE(DBF @ Jul 20 2022, 08:37 PM) *

I'm not an LE expert but have an original (except for one repaint due to stone chips) unrestored bumblebee. Let me know if you need any photos as you proceed with the restoration.

@DBF

Might I ask which VIN do you have and is it on the 914 Can Am Registry?
DBF
Hi Jeff. It is 4742915379. This is a barn find bumblebee that I bought last year in Michigan's UP. It sent you the info last fall and it is now on the registry. I started a thread as I put it back on the road. It's been awhile since I posted anything since I had long delays from the first machine shop I had hired. I hope to have the engine components back from the new machine shop in a couple weeks and then I start reassembly.
JeffBowlsby
Aha...I remember. An excellent find. wink.gif
iankarr
Congrats! So great that there are still undiscovered LEs out there. Have fun with the rebuild...I know I did wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.