Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CL in Maine
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
douglastic
I am digging the orange, black, and hubcaps!
nathanxnathan
I wonder what that carb setup is off of..Maybe a 412? looks cleanly done.
theer
The VW 412 was fuel injected- at least the one I drove in highschool was!

What a POS that car was- but it was my gateway drug to the type 4 motor and my first 914.
nathanxnathan
I always thought a 412 would be cool biggrin.gif

Looks like 73-74 bus carb setup but the air cleaner is a little different, rounder looking.

73-74 air cleaner US spec
IPB Image

I'm seeing similar ones but only european sites.. like this
IPB Image

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/155076296514?has...PgAAOSwkWhi0DiN
IPB Image

Would be cool if there were available end pieces for Weber IDFs.
Stef914
Nice wheels !!!
jim_hoyland
From CL “This 1972 Porsche 914 is a running project that was acquired by me from the original owner following an extended period of storage. The car is powered by a 1.7-liter flat-four equipped with a carburetor conversion and paired with a five-speed manual transaxle. The exterior has been professionally refinished in Signal Orange. Modifications include removed heater boxes, and an aftermarket exhaust system. Additional equipment consists of a removable roof panel, black upholstery, a Pioneer AM/FM/CD radio with JBL speakers, and new 15″ tires.
Work conducted during restoration includes new brake lines, Front & Rear calipers rebuilt, new shocks, fog lamps, first gear replacement, engine removal and reinstallation, painted engine compartment and engine tins, painted front and rear trunks, replaced metal floors, new carpets lined with sound deadening, threshold chrome trim, new clutch disc, shift linkage adjustment, new rubber body seals, new front bumper, courtesy light replacement, new battery tray welded in, rocker panel covers, sail panels recovered, Porsche letters and 914 badge.
Also replaced:
• Electronic Ignition
• Distributor rotor & cap
• Valve cover gaskets
• Inner & Outer Pushrod tube seal
• Turn Signal Switch
• Front hood seal
• Shifter bushings
• Windshield Wiper blades
• Main shaft seal
• Crankshaft seal
• Exhaust manifold gaskets
• Horn
• Deck lid roller
• Engine deck lid welting
• Door handle gaskets
• Turn signal seals
• Bulkhead seal
• Taillight gaskets
• Deck lid bumpers
• Trunk lock gasket
• Main Targa seal
• Vertical Targa seal
• Targa to window seals
• Inner and outer door fuzzys
• Outer window scraper seals
• European license plate
• New Battery 2022
• Fuel Pump
Fuel Lines
Equipment includes a removable Targa top, pop-up headlights, and impact bumpers, fixed-back bucket seats clad in black leatherette with textured inserts, which are accompanied by a matching dashboard and interior trim. Features include a third “jumper” seat, manually operated windows, and shoulder belts for both occupants. Original steering wheel with Wolfsburg logo. The five-digit odometer shows approximately 55k miles. True mileage is unknown.
The mid-mounted 1.7-liter flat-four was factory rated at 80 horsepower and 98 lb-ft of torque when new, now has a carburetor conversion that was installed in place of the factory fuel injection system by the original owner. Power is sent to the rear wheels through a five-speed manual transaxle. The shifter cage in the rear is worn but shifts into all 5 gears and reverse.
Materials accompanying the car include owner’s manual, shop manual, historic 914 club publications, additional Targa top, spare windshield and trim, aftermarket dashboard cover, and various other spare parts.
Bill of Sale and antique registration status
Also available for sale: Porsche 914 2.0 L engine with fuel injection and computer brain.”
Added to VIN DATABASE
Chris H.
Those carbs could have come from a european market 1.8 914. Is it my eyes or do the side markers look slightly misplaced, as if they were added later?
74ravenna
The original CL post has expired.
This is the latest post. I don't remember the price on the first post.

https://maine.craigslist.org/cto/d/owls-hea...7525655121.html
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.