Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Early Vs. Late Rockers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
69telecaster
Is there a difference in the rocker panels and sill plates between early cars and late cars?

Thanks.
bdstone914
QUOTE(69telecaster @ Jul 21 2022, 10:41 AM) *

Is there a difference in the rocker panels and sill plates between early cars and late cars?

Thanks.

Rockers are the same but the later sill panels are plastic not aluminum.
69telecaster
We've found a few videos online that showed the person drilling the rivets straight down on the car, but looking at our '72, the rivets are sideways.
bdstone914
QUOTE(69telecaster @ Jul 22 2022, 11:24 AM) *

We've found a few videos online that showed the person drilling the rivets straight down on the car, but looking at our '72, the rivets are sideways.

I dont see how that could be.
nathanxnathan
The outer/lower sill panel, the rivets are sideways, but the rockers, the rivets you'd have to drill straight down perpendicular to the ground.

My 70 Idk how it came from the factory, but both rockers and sill panels had aluminum pop rivets. My 72 had plastic rivets for the sill panels, and I think aluminum for the rocker panel tops.
69telecaster
Thank you. Makes sense.

QUOTE(nathanxnathan @ Jul 22 2022, 07:00 PM) *

The outer/lower sill panel, the rivets are sideways, but the rockers, the rivets you'd have to drill straight down perpendicular to the ground.

My 70 Idk how it came from the factory, but both rockers and sill panels had aluminum pop rivets. My 72 had plastic rivets for the sill panels, and I think aluminum for the rocker panel tops.

Mikey914
The Sills are the same on both early and late for where threasholds and carpet strips attach.

The early are aluminum. The late stock ones were plastic.
The problem is that the plastic is easily damaged, and that's why we made blak hard coated aluminum one that are difficult to scratch.
The carpet strips also don't bow in when you tighten the screws.
We even have the correct screws for Black.

In the complete set we sell currently at $159 we include all of the push rivets and screws as well as carpet strips, and threasholds.

https://914rubber.com/threshold-trim-black-set-1
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.