I’m trying to find out more about the history of an Adriatic Blue 1970 914-6 that we have owned for several years. VIN: 9140430313

In particular, what was done with the original engine and transmission. The engine appears to have been sold on Samba in 2017, but I don't know to who. I tried contacting the seller Svend several times, but he doesn't reply.

I’d also love to hear the story of the 1967 911S engine that apparently was in it for a period of time. Wish we had that!

Thanks to some receipts in the car and Larry Lee, I’ve been able to trace it back to what I believe is the 2nd owner (Bob Tarter of Iron Mountain Michigan circa 1990). I’ve gone through the sources that I can think of, including 914 VIN data base, VIN NMVTIS report, DMV, Michigan region PCA, David Pateman report, etc.

Just curious if anyone knows how to reach Bob Tarter, or who may have bought a new Adriatic Blue 914-6 and lived in Michigan or Illinois where the car appears to have been imported.

Also it appears David Hubbard who was in Lawrenceville, GA circa 2006 had the car painted. The car appears rust and damage free, so I wonder why it was painted. I've not been able to reach him through the phone numbers I can find.

I've pretty much exhausted my investigative skills and the usefulness of Google.

I know it’s a long shot, but would appreciate any help. Thanks.