Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hot day
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
emerygt350
97 degrees, on the interstate, holding steady at 69, little bit of an incline. Been holding that speed for 20 minutes. Hottest the oil has been in ages but head temps stayed good. Little bit of town driving and oil temp dropped a bit, but not much.

Click to view attachment
Rleog
That A/F ratio is at what speed?
emerygt350
70, slight incline, you can see the manifold vacuum is about 12ish. On flat cruise It's around 14.5 to 15. 3200 rpm.
rjames
QUOTE(emerygt350 @ Jul 23 2022, 06:30 PM) *

70, slight incline, you can see the manifold vacuum is about 12ish. On flat cruise It's around 14.5 to 15. 3200 rpm.

Isn’t 14.5-15 a bit lean?
emerygt350
Not in a no load situation. People say these engines "like 13" but when under no load I have no fears of 14.7. I have been watching head temps under varying conditions to make sure my light cruise temps are ok and all seems good. Even at 97 degrees out.
StarBear
@emerygt350 That A/F gauge is most interesting and useful. What is it, how does it get hooked up, and would it work for a very stock 1.8 L-Jet?
I don’t race or do higher speeds; mostly just around town touring and occasional short highway road trips but constantly have temp/humidity idling issues. Thanks!
emerygt350
That is a autometer analog afr. They are not cheap but quite useful. You have to weld a bung in your exhaust for the wide band O2 sensor and then run the wire forward. When I took my car to the dyno they welded the bung for me as part of the dyno run. I had it put in the collector in the muffler component right after the join to cylinder 3 and 4 header. I didn't want to mess with the heat exchangers or damage the headers.

I find this gauge is a little persnickety so if I had it to do again I would probably go with an aem O2 gauge. I was trying to keep it all analog but the cht gauge ruined that for me. And the glowshift vacuum gauge is silly too. That's the problem when you look for cheap deals on Amazon.
StarBear
Thanks! Not simple (for me). dry.gif
emerygt350
QUOTE(StarBear @ Jul 24 2022, 08:08 AM) *

Thanks! Not simple (for me). dry.gif

Inexpensive and simple for a shop to do though. As long as they know not to put it in the header.

You don't even need to run it into the dash if you want to only use it for a little while.

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.