Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 rubber rear targa latch rebuild
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jmargush
I purchased the rear targa latch rebuild kit from 914 rubber. Great looking parts however I didn't realized the one part I really needed wasn't in there. The pin on the lever arm is badly worn on mine.

Does any one know if anyone makes a replacement pin for here?

Mikey914
Check to see if the E clip will still retain it. I did include 2washers to help hold the spacing. The wave washer should help provide tension. As you still have an outer ridge, it should work.
Mark
jmargush
Yeah there isn't enough groove for that.

Just to get by I tacked a washer to the end of the post to keep the hook on.

Can I return the kit I ordered from you?
Mikey914
We take returns no problem. Just include who you are and send it in. It take a day or two, but not a problem.

What I was getting at was the outer grove appears to still be there. You may be able to us the wave washer to put tension against it and take up some room to hold it to the outer edge.
jmargush
Thanks do I need any sort of RGA #?

Photo doesn't show it too well but the groove is worn off on the other side of the post.

I should have gotten some wavy washers to incorporate that is a good idea
Mikey914
For returns, we only ask that they be uncut, or damaged. In other words if you cut a seal to fit your car, we can't resell it, so no can't take it back, but we do have a liberal return policy, you don't like the way it tastes, send it back.

We just need to know who you are, and ideally your order number, but we cam look that up. We typically refund to method of payment and will take a few days, but no problem.

Mikey914
What I was trying to explain, but may not have come across, was the E clip will hold onto the pin even though the inner edge is worn. You could add a washer or two to make up the difference and hold so it wouldn't have excess play. The inner race is not really required as there is no inward force on the retainer. They are a tight fit and will require a plyers to install. I think if you try this it will solve your problem.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.