Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 fuse confirmation
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
MM1
I’m trying to replace fuses in the 914 which I’ve never done before. Can you please tell me if this diagram is correct? (I got it from a thread on 914 World.) It shows that all fuses are 8 amp except for the wiper motor which is 16 amp-it says the two fuses that are to the far right are an 8 and a 16 for unused circuits.

The picture of mine shows it has a 16 amp in the first slot to the left which is a tail lamp and luggage lamp-if the diagram is correct this should be an eight amp.Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
FlacaProductions
If this is for your 73:
https://bowlsby.net/914/Classic/zTN_Elect_73FuseIndex.pdf
MM1
Sorry - I am asking about the 1974.

So the 1st picture I found on 914World is invalid?

I found this thread which has a link to Jeff Bowlsby's 1974 fuse index:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?s=&...t&p=2756960

https://bowlsby.net/914/Classic/zTN_Elect_FuseIndex.jpg

Click to view attachment

Jeff's index above lists 16A fuses for slots 8,10 and 12 (8A for the rest) - can anyone confirm?

My 1974 has no fog lamps (slot 10 according to Jeff) - should I use a 16A anyway, or just an 8A?
DC_neun_vierzehn
Do you have the owners manual? It’s listed there. If not, ask someone with a 74 manual.
MM1
Don't have one - great idea - does anyone have a 1974 manual (pics of the fuses)?
FlacaProductions
The one you found from Jeff's site for the 74 is right for a 74.
SirAndy
QUOTE(MM1 @ Jul 24 2022, 03:22 PM) *

So the 1st picture I found on 914World is invalid?

Never seen the picture before. It doesn't seem right.
idea.gif
MM1
Thank you, Sirs.

I shall adhere to Master Bowlsby’s direction.

I’ll use a 16A for slot 10 even though this ‘74 has no fog lamps.
JeffBowlsby
You will need fuse 10 for your horn, just be sure to check your fog circuits to prevent a short to ground.
wonkipop
74 owners manual.

Click to view attachment
MM1
Thank you, Gents!
dr914@autoatlanta.com
owners manual or appendix of the book 914 "tech tips 700" the 70-73 used 8 and 25 the 74-76 8 and 16 amp fuses. Please make sure you put a fuse cover over the fuses when you are done, too easy to knock them out when getting in and out of the car
StarBear
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Jul 25 2022, 03:18 PM) *

owners manual or appendix of the book 914 "tech tips 700" the 70-73 used 8 and 25 the 74-76 8 and 16 amp fuses. Please make sure you put a fuse cover over the fuses when you are done, too easy to knock them out when getting in and out of the car

agree.gif
MM1
Thank you all.

I just replaced them all as instructed and then replaced a relay on the driver side headlight and now everything appears to work. . . I just need to figure out how to get the thing running which is a whole different thread.

Of course I bought a fuse box cover a while back here on 914 World and I can’t find it.

If anyone has one available regardless of condition please PM me. Otherwise I’ll do a WTB thread.

Current condition:Click to view attachment
MM1
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Jul 25 2022, 02:18 PM) *

So for my 1973 1.7L I can do the same layout (as Jeff’s index above) for fuses one through 12 but substitute 25A for the 16A slots (slots 8,10 and 12 )in the 1974?
wonkipop
@MM1

not sure if you are mixing it up there just from the way you have written that but i think you have it correct if i am reading you right.

for clarity.
74s have the 16 amp fuses (see my post above of page from owners manual for a 74 1.8, as you asked for. that is from my car and correct manual).

for a 73.
posted here is the fusebox page from the 73 owners manual that i have on file.
its a 25 amp fuse being used.

advice by dr. 914 above correct.

73 owners manual.
Click to view attachment
MM1
Yes Sir - that’s what I meant.

Your 1973 manual pic seals it-thank you, Sir. If you ever make it to SoCal lunch or dinner is on me!
wonkipop
QUOTE(MM1 @ Jul 25 2022, 06:17 PM) *

Yes Sir - that’s what I meant.

Your 1973 manual pic seals it-thank you, Sir. If you ever make it to SoCal lunch or dinner is on me!

you never know. MM1
i've got old friends in LA from Chicago i have not seen in years.
i was intending to get across before covid messed up the world.
might still make it one day if i can stomach the day long plane flight backwards in time.
have a grand plan to drive from calif to texas.

co-incidently my initials are MM - thats my nickname amongst mates.

beerchug.gif

MM1
Well, here’s to meetin’ ya one day soon, MM - cheers! beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.