Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Power train rebuild service
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Stuckon914
Any recommendations for getting engine and transmission rebuilt? I’m in Maryland but will likely have to ship.
Thanks
Morrie
QUOTE(Stuckon914 @ Jul 24 2022, 01:12 PM) *

Any recommendations for getting engine and transmission rebuilt? I’m in Maryland but will likely have to ship.
Thanks

Dr Evil for the Transmission, of course. Likely that to get the best results you will need to ship engine and trans to different folks.
JamesJ
Engine: Jeff Patterson - Type IV Revolution
Stuckon914
QUOTE(JamesJ @ Jul 24 2022, 06:54 PM) *

Do you have a link or contact info?
saigon71
Air-cooled Racing in southern PA. 717-432-4116. They can handle everything and should be close enough to avoid shipping.
nditiz1
Definitely ship the trans to Dr. Evil.

For engine there are 2 brothers in the Severna Park/Pasadena area. Also, Cooker's VW - I assume they know how to do a 914 since they do vw/buses all the time. Air-cooled racing, as Bob said, is somewhat local.
JamesJ
QUOTE(Stuckon914 @ Jul 24 2022, 04:29 PM) *

Do you have a link or contact info?

Sent PM
DRPHIL914

agree.gif

I know Jeff he does good work he's not far from me, i just spoke to him on saturday at cars and coffee and he'll be putting my OEM motor back together for me now that the heads are rebuilt.

Van B
I've talked with Eric @ Wills Werks in Alexandria about doing a tear down and inspection on my transmission. He does a lot of classic porsche work and 901 transmissions. I haven't talked to him about motors since I only plan on doing a reseal with mine and not a rebuild.

https://www.willswerks.com/

If you talk with him, let me know what he says about doing an engine rebuild.

v/r,
Van
dr914@autoatlanta.com
would be nice to send it where someone highly skilled, could do both to avoid excessive shipping charges and they could mate the two and test them before shipping back.

QUOTE(Stuckon914 @ Jul 24 2022, 11:12 AM) *

Thanks

Stuckon914
What kind of prices should I expect?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.