Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HPH Bontempi Snow Plow Frnt Spoiler
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
North Bay 914
Talked with Rich about his spoiler, but he has no photos of it on the web, please post a photo if you have it of one of Rich's famous spoilers....I am told Scott Yoeman's car might have one. Thanks.

Martin
Trekkor
Here you go...searching for a better shot wink.gif

KT
bondo
QUOTE (trekkor @ Aug 4 2005, 10:28 PM)
Here you go...searching for a better shot wink.gif

KT

This shot is pretty good (your avatar biggrin.gif )

*edit* nevermind, I'm dumb.. that's different!

user posted image
bondo
Oh, wait, that one is different, isn't it?
Trekkor
That's the "Sweeper Dam" that I made.

here's some more Bontempi "Snowplow" from Reno last year, Martin.

KT
Trekkor
Forgot to post the pics rolleyes.gif

KT

BTW, Martin, I still have this piece. You can have it if you want it.
It needs a little *repair* due to the unfriendly steep approach I made last year.
North Bay 914
Thanks Trek. I am considering one other as well. I will run Bi next season with the red car. Rules allow spoilers. I will have Sundays off. Low budget class. No DOT-R tires to deal with...
Type 4 Unleashed
Is this one, get a better pic tomorrow.
DanT
yes, Scott Yeaman has one on his orange 914-6. And the pic just before this post looks to be one also.
North Bay 914. If you are running in Zone 7, class Bi allows dot "R" rubber. Only bone stock limits you to wear ratings above 100, (non"R").
I wouldn't put too much stock in our current rules since there is a good possibility that we may change to the points system that has been proposed.
Depends on how folks respond once it is time for the Drivers Event Comm. rules meeting in October.

Back in the '90s lots of folks ran Bontempi's front spoiler.
That is when at any AX we would have a total of over 15 914s and at TTs we would have 15-20 teeners at any given event.
biggrin.gif
rhodyguy
does alison get to go racin' too?

k
North Bay 914
What is it with these DOT-R tires on a driver? Show me not running Bi next year....This car is 100% original, but I am gathering parts to do the 5 lug conversion right now. Thanks for the photos. Don't think Alison wants to Auto-X. She doesn't enjoy speed in an Automobile.

Martin
Trekkor
Martin, you should come to the a/x tomorrow.

I'll bring the spoiler for you.
Did I read you are working Saturday?

Next Sunday at Marina, then.

KT
flesburg
Spoiler and bumper are from MRChasse (Topper) in Alhambra, CA 818-284-8962. Bumper originally had no openings. I put them in for brake ducts. Spoiler had and opening for a front cooler, which I use, and brake ducts which I filled.

Paint is my most recent attempt to avoid being sand blasted on the track, and is a product called "pickup truck bed liner". Actually it isn't too bad. Has a crinkled look.

Spoiler has had about an inch added to it at the lower edge.
grantsfo
I'm installing my HPH Snow Plow today! And as mentioned you can run r compounds in Bi. R compounds made quite a differnce for me in that class. Went from trailing bi car times to beating to beating their times.
Aaron Cox
whats a rich bontempi snow plow spoiler sell for?
North Bay 914
Rich's price is $119.99 plus shipping.

Trekkor, no way on the Auto-X. I just put new tires on and the car needs shocks badly...Next year, B class with PCA if the rules don't change for Bi.
Trekkor
no way on the Auto-X.

Sorry to hear that...SR is one of the best venues and only a 90 minute drive for you.

Now, Marina... drooley.gif

just put new tires on

I bet you'll end up doing what a lot of us do. Put the race tires on at the track. wink.gif

I'll keep bugging you to come run what you've got until the season's over.
there will be another a/x at Sears in October again like last year with SVR, I believe. Ask Rob...

KT
Aaron Cox
how deep are these units? and wonder what it would look like with a small oil cooler opening?????
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.