Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Break down
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
sb914
So,
Do we or didn’t we have a list of available members who can lend a hand or let someone park there car when broke down. We had a member break down on the way home from the wcr . It would be nice to have a list of peeps that could help out .
I’ll put my name on the list if it exists?
NARP74
I can help in this area.
rfinegan
I can post my number for the Raleigh NC areas
Lockwodo
QUOTE(sb914 @ Jul 27 2022, 09:12 AM) *

So,
Do we or didn’t we have a list of available members who can lend a hand or let someone park there car when broke down. We had a member break down on the way home from the wcr . It would be nice to have a list of peeps that could help out .
I’ll put my name on the list if it exists?

Sure, I'd be happy to help too. I'm located in the Santa Cruz area in California.
TheCabinetmaker
We did have a list. I was on it, and called to help a few times, which l did
GregAmy
BMW Motorcycle Owners of America prints a book, ironically named "Anonymous", which lists members and their contact info. I rode with it in my side bag for such occasions.

Fortunately, I never had to use it, but I always wondered if I actually would; I tend to be more introverted in person and I'm not sure I'm comfortable cold-calling a stranger at who-knows-what-hour to get assistance.

However, with social media (and forums) and ubiquity of smartphones today, it's usually quite easy (after calling AAA) just to post a new SOS, letting folks know where I am and what I need; no cold-calling someone wondering if they're really willing and able to help; those that are willing to help will be all over a forum/social media post.

That said, I'm in Middletown CT and always willing to help...but given I shoot unknown phone numbers straight to voice mail I'd definitely see your call for assistance here first...
FL000
It was me that broke down on the way home this year, and although it sucked I made it back ok. I’m pretty stubborn and independent so I didn’t try to reach out to anyone.

If anyone needs a hand near the Antelope Valley, CA (Los Angeles county) let me know how I can help.

I have the premium AAA membership, but that was still going to be ridiculous money for a tow home so we went this route biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment
Front yard mechanic
QUOTE(FL000 @ Jul 27 2022, 01:53 PM) *

It was me that broke down on the way home this year, and although it sucked I made it back ok. I’m pretty stubborn and independent so I didn’t try to reach out to anyone.

If anyone needs a hand near the Antelope Valley, CA (Los Angeles county) let me know how I can help.

I have the premium AAA membership, but that was still going to be ridiculous money for a tow home so we went this route biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment

Love your car ! glad you made it home . Tranny repair and you’ll be good as new. smash.gif
mlindner
I'm in if anyone needs help traveling. Just north of Madison WI. Have all the tools and a lift. Best, MarkClick to view attachment
Cairo94507
I am in Auburn now and have tools and jacks. If you break down I also have a big driveway if needed. beerchug.gif
sb914
How about a “nailed” thread with a list of available members?
I thought there was already a list somewhere?
Tonyooc
I've got room and a trailer in Fort Mill SC, near Charlotte.
GregAmy
Recommendation: if this thread is going to be useful, a Google Map that someone can bookmark will be needed to quickly find local-to-them members offering assistance.

That will require collecting and collating volunteers' contact info and placing it on the map.

I am not volunteering. smile.gif
Jamie
QUOTE(Tonyooc @ Jul 28 2022, 09:20 AM) *

I've got room and a trailer in Fort Mill SC, near Charlotte.

I have a lift and tools here in central KY for anyone in distress while passing this way.
930cabman
I am available for anyone in the Buffalo, NT area. Have tools/beer

Wife has declared she will no longer tow me home with a rope any more, no clue how she keeps me around
theer
Call me if you need help in the Greater Boston Area.

I have tools, car trailer, lift and a spare 914 in a pinch!
mlindner
Maybe even adding local shops as a separate line item for help. Example:

Me, Mark Lindner
Phone, Address etc.
PCA member, 35 years

Local Porsche help:

Kelly-Moss Road & Race
Phone, Address
Contact

BachRaceCraft
Jim Bach
Phone, Address
PanelBilly
I went ahead and started a thread for people to access help. Hopefully it won’t get muddied up with people who want to complain about sharing their phone or location.
Chris914n6
QUOTE(GregAmy @ Jul 28 2022, 10:26 AM) *

Recommendation: if this thread is going to be useful, a Google Map that someone can bookmark will be needed to quickly find local-to-them members offering assistance.

That will require collecting and collating volunteers' contact info and placing it on the map.

I am not volunteering. smile.gif

we already have one. couldn't tell you where it went.
tedg04
I'm happy to lend a hand for anyone stranded in Eastern Washington or Northern Idaho.
anderssj
I had a copy of the original list from some years back. Let me see if I can find it…and maybe the original topic thread too.
Puebloswatcop
What would it take to do a members help list by region and put it in an actual forum on this site. I am more than happy to post my info or lend a hand out here in east Texas.....
VegasRacer
QUOTE(anderssj @ Jul 29 2022, 04:38 PM) *

I had a copy of the original list from some years back. Let me see if I can find it

I have my copy of the old list. It has contact info. for 150 members. I will send my copy to whomever might want to take on this project. I do not feel comfortable posting it here since the original was printed and mailed.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.