Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: DONE '74-early '77 911 Coupe (2.7)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Cairo94507
Car found and bought. Thanks for the leads everyone. Ended up with a Bay Area '74 non-sunroof coupe that is very nice. beerchug.gif

I am looking for a '74 to early '77 911 Coupe (2.7 motor) that is a complete car; not running is fine. It's for a friend who is looking for a project. So if you have one you want to move on to someone else or know of one, please let me know. It will be an epic build.
Thanks for looking,
Michael beerchug.gif
nditiz1
Why no love for the 77?
Cairo94507
Yeah, not sure; he was specific in his years. beerchug.gif
Jett
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Jul 29 2022, 07:19 AM) *

77 911S is the same car and 76/77 both have emissions requirements in CA.

Maybe your friend has an information deficit, or 77 is unlucky smile.gif

… my 77 is only slightly offended smile.gif

dhuckabay
Small world. My 75 came from University also. Great salesman, Dick Hitchcock. Bought my first 914 from him also.

QUOTE(Jett @ Jul 29 2022, 08:33 AM) *

nditiz1
Oh ok...
My 77 is also only slightly offended...

Click to view attachment
ValcoOscar
Same here...my 77 is slightly offended also sad.gif

Oscar

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
mepstein
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Jul 29 2022, 10:26 PM) *

Oscar

Ship your mentally damaged 77 to me and I'll give it the restorative love and care it needs. driving.gif
flyer86d
I think that the 77’s are galvanized which is a definite plus here in the northern climates.

Charlie
Cairo94507
With respect to all '77 owners, for whatever reason, he seeks a '74 to '76. I will talk to him this coming week and see if a '77 is acceptable. beerchug.gif
Jett
QUOTE(dhuckabay @ Jul 29 2022, 08:50 AM) *

Small world. My 75 came from University also. Great salesman, Dick Hitchcock. Bought my first 914 from him also.

QUOTE(Jett @ Jul 29 2022, 08:33 AM) *

Lol that’s great. Although he just retired, my old mechanic was an apprentice at University and remembered the car smile.gif
930cabman
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jul 29 2022, 08:54 PM) *

QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Jul 29 2022, 10:26 PM) *

Oscar

Ship your mentally damaged 77 to me and I'll give it the restorative love and care it needs. driving.gif

I offer to get second in line, there must be some sorting required??

btw: great looking ride
930cabman
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Jul 31 2022, 08:38 AM) *

With respect to all '77 owners, for whatever reason, he seeks a '74 to '76. I will talk to him this coming week and see if a '77 is acceptable. beerchug.gif

I have an original paint 1975 911S, but it's not a project car. My only Porsche with a working heater and freshly rebuilt 2.7
Cairo94507
OK, here is the issue with a '77. If it is an early '77 with a 2.7, that's fine. If it is a later '77 with a 3.0, they tend to be valued higher. He prefers the 2.7 cars as they tend to have a lower entry price point.

As mentioned earlier, looking for a car that is complete- does not need to run, but does need all pieces with it. Otherwise chasing down all those parts becomes a nightmare and expensive.

Still looking guys.
rick 918-S
If I had a 77 I would also be slightly offended. But sadly I do not. sad2.gif
nditiz1
I'm not sure the 77 came with a 3.0 except for the Carrera version which started in 76.
stevesc_us
Here’s a rare colored 74 non-sunroof coupe. Probably more than he wants to spend, but just in case. No affiliation.

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/cto/d/san-...7509722042.html
Cairo94507
Sorry, not trying to offend anyone here. Just passing on his expressed issue re the '77 since people questioned why it was left out initially in the search. So, not personal. Sorry again.
nditiz1
All in good fun Michael, we were just giving your friend a hard time about excluding us. No one took offense. Well if they did.... chair.gif
Jett
QUOTE(nditiz1 @ Aug 3 2022, 07:56 AM) *

All in good fun Michael, we were just giving your friend a hard time about excluding us. No one took offense. Well if they did.... chair.gif

+1
roblav1
What year did 911's get power brakes?
nditiz1
77 was the first year of the brake booster
roblav1
May be why OP's friend wants 1974-1976.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Jett @ Aug 3 2022, 04:12 PM) *

QUOTE(nditiz1 @ Aug 3 2022, 07:56 AM) *

+1

lol-2.gif +2 sorry Michael just hackin on ya poke.gif
Cairo94507
Not a problem. I just know some people get butt-hurt easily and that is never my intent. On a bright note, looks like we may have found a car. Still awaiting a final call on that. beerchug.gif
Cairo94507
Well that car was a no-go. Turns out it was a Beverly Hills Car Club mess and that was not what we are looking for. So the search goes on.

Now, if you own a 74 to early '77 coupe that is complete with a proper title, reach out. If you happen to know someone who may have a car, please let us know that you are not the owner and are just trying to hook us up with the actual owner. We want to keep this clean and simple. beerchug.gif
2mAn
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Aug 9 2022, 03:37 PM) *

Well that car was a no-go. Turns out it was a Beverly Hills Car Club mess and that was not what we are looking for. So the search goes on.

Care to narrow down which mess of theirs it was? lol
Cairo94507
I do not own that car so, no - sorry. It may be a fine car for someone, but it did not meet the criteria for what we are looking for. beerchug.gif
Cairo94507
OK, search is over. Found a great '74 911S non-sunroof car all complete and it is now bought. Thanks everyone. beerchug.gif
ntw356
The perfect start. Congrats!
rick 918-S
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
stevesc_us
This looks like a super clean middie plus being a 75 no smog hassles to deal with and the mods to the 3.2 motor transplant bumped up to 3.4 complete with EFI conversion looks nicely done as well. No affiliation.

https://www.pcarmarket.com/auction/1975-porsche-911-5/
Cairo94507
It's not my car to post. I am going to see him today and will ask if he minds if I post a few pictures. You will not be disappointed in the condition of the car. I kind of wish I would have bought it. beerchug.gif
Cairo94507
OK- here you go- '74 911S non-sunroof coupe with the right flares correctly installed.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Front yard mechanic
Very nice well done aktion035.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.