Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New old Richie Ginther taking shape
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jfort
Hope to unveil and dial in at Mid-Ohio in August.

Click to view attachment
jfort
Jay Kjoller, the builder, said it's the best cockpit he has ever built. And that's saying something

Click to view attachment
jfort
2.5L, twin spark, crank fired, PMO's. It will scream

Click to view attachment
mepstein
Wow! I love it. beerchug.gif
jfort
it's going in. Jay had mounted a dummy case to make sure it fits, to make oil lines, etc. It was like putting your hand in a glove. perfect fit.

Click to view attachment
jfort

Click to view attachment
jfort

Click to view attachment
jfort
the way Jay works, for every one hour of work there's ten hours of thought. that, and supply chain, has added up to two years.

Click to view attachment
jfort
Jay thinking. Note the black tape on the floor where the corner balance scales go. Hope to be racing in VSCDA soon. Jay is an experienced driver. At Grattan last weekend, he drove my six in one of my DE sessions so I could see how to do it. He'll be quick.

Click to view attachment
carr914
QUOTE(jfort @ Jul 29 2022, 10:31 AM) *

2.5L, twin spark, crank fired, PMO's. It will scream

Click to view attachment

Did you use an early Aluminum 2.0 Case or a 7R Magnesium case?

I love Twin-Plug Engines

Click to view attachment

BillJ
Are you running in a particular series or just lapping days? Reason for asking is the painted ginther screens are often rejected. SVRA for example prohibits them and inly alllows the lexan version.
vintage914racer
Nice car. Hope to see you out with it in VSCDA soon
jfort

Did you use an early Aluminum 2.0 Case or a 7R Magnesium case?

This engine has a magnesium case. My six is aluminum.
Freezin 914
This is wonderful, please keep the updates coming! beerchug.gif
mlindner
Love the picts. Please post more. Mark
jfort
We had hoped to debut at Mid Ohio in August 2022. But we found an oil leak due to a bad stud. An insert that wasn't long enough. So, out it came and take it apart again. All back together. Hope to debut at VSCDA at Gingerman in May. Should be quick.
Dion
That looks to be epic. What a sound that will make. Should be quite the rocket. What is its current weight?
brant
Looks great!!
campbellcj
That car looks really fun! Curious about the clear rear spoiler - is that something commercially available and does it seem to help aero? I have a Sheridan f/g one that I've currently removed because I think the car looks better w/o it and am not sure it really makes any improvement. However the mounting holes are still there in case it makes sense to reinstall for certain tracks. Unfortunately it also trashed the paint along the rear trunk/fender edges.
jfort
I share an office, believe it or not, with a company that makes signs and all kinds of thing out of all kinds of plastic. We had an aluminum rear air foil that came with the car. We used it as a template and had one made out of clear plastic. The curve to match the trunk curve is perfect.
jfort
QUOTE(jfort @ Jan 18 2023, 01:19 PM) *

I share an office, believe it or not, with a company that makes signs and all kinds of thing out of all kinds of plastic. We had an aluminum rear air foil that came with the car. We used it as a template and had one made out of clear plastic. The curve to match the trunk curve is perfect.

My sense is that Jay, a very experienced, old-school driver, will be able to tell how to configure the spoiler when he drives the car. It will be the same for the suspension, tire pressure, etc. I've watched him do it with his IMSA GTU Porsche.

Someone asked about the weight. I think it is about 2,200#. Seems heavy as that is what my six weighs. But there is a lot of steel in that cage and other things peculiar to a race car. At < 10# per HP (∿ 270 HP), it will be quick.
brant
My weight guess is 1950
jfort
The 2.5 we took to Mid Ohio last May didn’t make it. We think it was a lubrication problem. It cost us a case, crank, piston, etc. This time it will be a 3 liter in an aluminum case.

Click to view attachment

porschetub
QUOTE(jfort @ Jan 11 2024, 01:38 PM) *

The 2.5 we took to Mid Ohio last May didn’t make it. We think it was a lubrication problem. It cost us a case, crank, piston, etc. This time it will be a 3 liter in an aluminum case.

Click to view attachment

Now thats enough to ruin your day mad.gif , was it a cracked bearing saddle and resulting oil pressure loss ? good luck with your replacement , beer.gif .
jfort
Click to view attachment

Jay's shop

Click to view attachment

cross cut gear
Maltese Falcon
Work is on point and the car looks well sorted, should be a blast to drive ! first.gif
Marty
Maltese Falcon
I spotted this 9146 in 2018 at Rennsport 6, it also uses the acrylic rear spoiler
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.