Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 is the next 356
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
pfierb
Just received my September issue of Sports Car Market magazine .....their Porsche guru Jim Schrager writes in his monthly column that the 914 is the new 356 on the collector scene.

Paul F.
bd1308
I have no doubts. I believe it.

It's going to be tough later on....I was planning on having this car for a LONG time.
Root_Werks
I have been thinking that for the past couple of years now. I recently picked up a "Parts" car 914, with rust. One could restore it, but there are still too many other better cars out there to start with. As we were towing this one home, I was telling myself that 10 years from now, I bet even the one I am towing would be sought after.

The number of 914's continues to dwindle, making them slowly worth more. wink.gif
Mueller
yep, about the only 2 things to lower the price of a 914 from now on is more rust and single carb on a /4 motor smile.gif biggrin.gif
Bleyseng
Yep, and everybody run out there and buy one of the NOS MPS's at $1600 which in 10 years will be cheap!
ArtechnikA
QUOTE (pfierb @ Aug 5 2005, 08:19 AM)
....their Porsche guru Jim Schrager writes in his monthly column that the 914 is the new 356 on the collector scene.

Jim is a highpowered financial advisor guy at the Fortune 50 level as a "day job".
he's a regular on the 356 list and has at least one Porsche book out, and another on early 900's in work. i think he has a 914 now too.

nice guy. while ago he found some ex-dealer owner's manuals and offered them to the list basically for the cost of mailing. got a -perfect- and complete manual for my '71E still in the original vinyl envelope.
smg914
All the ingredients are there. With four wheel disc brakes, 5 speed, transmission, mid mounted engine and some even came with a 6 cylinder 911 engine, it was bound to happen. Oh, and they are a blast to drive!
SteveSr
QUOTE (pfierb @ Aug 5 2005, 04:19 AM)
Just received my September issue of Sports Car Market magazine .....their Porsche guru Jim Schrager writes in his monthly column that the 914 is the new 356 on the collector scene.

Paul F.

ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ... sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif ...and I cut mine up...........

SteveSr
ArtechnikA
QUOTE (SteveSr @ Aug 5 2005, 12:40 PM)
...and I cut mine up....

your magazine, your 356, or your 914?

whichever, lots of other people did too - which tends to keep the survivors around longer - and more valuable :-)
pfierb
QUOTE (SteveSr @ Aug 5 2005, 08:40 AM)
QUOTE (pfierb @ Aug 5 2005, 04:19 AM)

Paul F.

ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ... sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif ...and I cut mine up...........

SteveSr

Your magazine or your car?
grantsfo
Guess that would make the 911 the next 550 spyder? biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.