http://www.rally.subaru.com/rally/servlet/...art=1&imageId=0

Very cool.

P
URY914
wub.gif
URY914
They use 150' of tubing!
Rough_Rider
There's a reason they use so much tubing. Out where these guys play you'd be lucky to only hit a wall or tyre barrier. Most the time your dodging cliffs, trees even wildlife.

I love rallying, WRC boys are unbelievably good drivers.

Back in UK i had 2 factory WRC teams plus Jaguar (RedBull) F1 teams within 5 miles of home. The toys these boys would test drive we're hillarious biggrin.gif

Interesting factoid, top WRC teams spend 100's hours prepping each shell, but the finished car is only used for 3 events. Thus each team builds at least 10 car a year.
URY914
Hey, I've seen something this before..
Jeroen
cool schtuff!!!
grantsfo
A little off the topic, but did you hear the new 2006 WRX is getting the 2.5 engine.
Kostamojen
QUOTE (grantsfo @ Aug 5 2005, 11:51 AM)
A little off the topic, but did you hear the new 2006 WRX is getting the 2.5 engine.

Yup, its actually the same motor as the Forester Turbo, but with different transmission gearing than before.

Great find btw! I havent seen this yet.
airsix
QUOTE (Kostamojen @ Aug 5 2005, 12:39 PM)

Yup, its actually the same motor as the Forester Turbo, but with different transmission gearing than before.

Great find btw! I havent seen this yet.

So does that mean theya aren't going to rally it anymore? Gotta be a 2.0 for WRC, right?
-Ben M.
Rough_Rider
Rules for next year are still in flux.

Currently 2l Turbo, with flow restrictors, hp cap but no max on torque.
To reduce cost, cough!!, NA engines are being considered by FIA, 2.5L non-turbo might fit that catagory.

IMO there's no reason to change the regs on engine type. Sure dumb down the active diffs, active suspension but there's nothing wrongs with the motors.
Kostamojen
QUOTE (airsix @ Aug 5 2005, 01:25 PM)
So does that mean theya aren't going to rally it anymore? Gotta be a 2.0 for WRC, right?
-Ben M.

I believe thats an old rule, requiring a certain number or percentage of production cars to be 2.0.

But the 2.0 is still the standard motor in JDM/EDM markets, the '06 2.5 is a USDM model.
mightyohm

Too bad the 06 Impreza is ooooogly.

So is the [Berryman] B9 Tribeca.
bondo
QUOTE (jkeyzer @ Aug 5 2005, 04:24 PM)

Too bad the 06 Impreza is ooooogly.

So is the [Berryman] B9 Tribeca.

But it gets carb parts so clean! biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.