Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WCR 2023: Location options / Coordinators
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tygaboy
All - As was suggested in the WCR 20203 "Petaluma" thread, this thread is to identify anyone who is willing to commit to coordinating in the location they're suggesting.

This isn't the place to make suggestions about a location you're lobbying for, it's to get a list of locations WITH a commitment from the "coordinator".

If you're that person, please just list your name and the location you'd be coordinating.
Let the games begin!

I'll keep this updated as we identify coordinators and locations:

Chris Baker: Petaluma, CA
Steve Walton: Friday Harbor, WA
Rob Sime: Lake Tahoe, CA/NV
waltonsm
I’ll throw out a location, and commit to coordinating with my friend Mike, who many of you met… but we can call it for 2024 unless everyone really wants to get to the NW corner of the CONUS.

waltonsm
QUOTE(waltonsm @ Aug 2 2022, 03:37 PM) *

I’ll throw out a location, and commit to coordinating with my friend Mike, who many of you met… but we can call it for 2024 unless everyone really wants to get to the NW corner of the CONUS.

Imagine fifty 914s on an inter-island ferry to go for a drive to the top of Mt Constitution.
jim_hoyland
Yup
worn
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Aug 2 2022, 05:47 PM) *

Yup

OOOOHhhhh! Can't lose on this one, though I confess that WA is slightly closer to me. I am in North Bend WA right now. Had actually left for home when my sister here texted that her dear significant other was gravely ill. Still plan on returning home from this WCR in the record time of less than 4 weeks. I am waiting to see what other exotic locations come up. Forks comes to mind, but I won't organize.
sb914

Yup

Great photo. I have friends in Friday harbor.
tygaboy
Guys - The enthusiasm is greatly appreciated but please don't make suggestions for locations in this thread.

This thread is for identifying the list of locations with a committed organizer so we can get to voting.

Thanks! first.gif
waltonsm
I previously corrected my post notifying my commitment to organizing
this location.. But I also understand the burden of driving to the corner of the country.. . So I wanted to provide a couple years notice.

I also want to make a compelling challenge to Chris for the year 2024. I really want to see a Ferrari engine with pink intake manifolds.
waltonsm

Yup

Well... I missed that. Looks awesome!
tygaboy
Check the first post for a list of the coordinators and locations identified to date.

I'll bump this thread weekly for a month or so to see who else/where else might be identified.

No super urgent hurry at this point but I will say, some venues are booking up for next year so I'd hope we could make a decision in the several weeks.

Thanks!
914werke
QUOTE(waltonsm @ Aug 2 2022, 03:59 PM) *
Imagine fifty 914s on an inter-island ferry to go for a drive to the top of Mt Constitution.
QUOTE(waltonsm @ Aug 2 2022, 08:18 PM) *
Yup
Well... I missed that. Looks awesome!
Meh! I still think the original plan to spend a catered lapping afternoon at SIR would have been more fun. dry.gif
Mikey914
So far we have

Chris and Steve

Not seeing anyone else stepping up.
sb914
It’s very early. Personally I would like to see it in a new place.
Petaluma is only 6 hours for me, so that would be convenient but it would be nice to go somewhere different.
tygaboy
Weekly-ish bump:

Can entice anyone else into volunteering to coordinate in other locations?
Mikey914
I’d think keep it open til the end of the month, and lets start moving towards selecting the coordinator/ location.

It’s never too early to start planning.
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(sb914 @ Aug 12 2022, 12:57 PM) *

It’s very early. Personally I would like to see it in a new place.
Petaluma is only 6 hours for me, so that would be convenient but it would be nice to go somewhere different.

agree.gif New places keep the event fresh and interesting.
ConeDodger
Tahoe

Me and ?
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Aug 21 2022, 06:29 AM) *

Tahoe

Me and ?

Been there 2X, great place, but….
sb914

Tahoe

Me and ?

Tahoe sounds amazing!
tygaboy

Tahoe

Me and ?

@ConeDodger - Rob, I'll update the first post with you/Tahoe.
Thanks!
tygaboy
To those desiring a place we've never been, all it takes is for someone to step up.

If you have a spot in mind, please consider being the coordinator. If you aren't sure what that entails, contact a previous coordinator - I'm sure they'd be happy to talk.

Or maybe PM your fellow Worlders in/near that area and see if you can scare up a coordinator.

ConeDodger
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Aug 21 2022, 10:29 AM) *

Tahoe

Me and ?

@jcd914 and @mikey914 don’t know it yet but they want to help if we do Tahoe! biggrin.gif

Sorry guys!

Oh and Jim? You’re driving your own damned car!
Mikey914
I'm in to support the community, be that Tahoe or Central Cal, as little or as much as I can - organizers choice.
tygaboy
Weekly-ish bump.

Maybe give this a couple more weeks and see if anyone else wants to step up and then we can decide?
Lockwodo
QUOTE(tygaboy @ Aug 2 2022, 11:20 AM) *

All - As was suggested in the WCR 20203 "Petaluma" thread, this thread is to identify anyone who is willing to commit to coordinating in the location they're suggesting.

This isn't the place to make suggestions about a location you're lobbying for, it's to get a list of locations WITH a commitment from the "coordinator".

If you're that person, please just list your name and the location you'd be coordinating.
Let the games begin!

How about Santa Cruz, CA?
Lockwodo

Let the games begin!

tygaboy
QUOTE(Lockwodo @ Aug 29 2022, 07:55 PM) *

Let the games begin!

@Lockwodo - Just so I'm clear: Are you officially commiting to be the coordinator if Santa Cruz is selected? If so, please let me know your name and I'll update the first post with the info.
Thanks!
mgp4591
QUOTE(waltonsm @ Aug 2 2022, 04:59 PM) *

QUOTE(waltonsm @ Aug 2 2022, 03:37 PM) *

Sounds like a party barge! I'd be up for that one... aktion035.gif
strawman
I coordinated WCR 2021 in San Luis Obispo, and I'm happy to share my experience with planning/execution, maps, methods of requesting donations, etc.
Mikey914
SO where are we on this. I'd like to start filling in my calendar.
tygaboy
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Sep 29 2022, 01:01 AM) *

SO where are we on this. I'd like to start filling in my calendar.

Seems like all this year's events are wound down. We have three commited coordinator volunteers/locations. Time to vote.

If you want to toss your hat/location into the ring, please chime in now.

Post here or PM me ASAP, please!

I'll post a new thread with a poll and we can get this nailed down.
914Toy
Favor Lake Tahoe.
Steve
QUOTE(914Toy @ Sep 29 2022, 07:53 AM) *

Favor Lake Tahoe.

agree.gif
Mikey914
Lets get a vote going so we can nail this down. I have to bid for my vacation next year right now, so I'd like to be able to go. beerchug.gif
Root_Werks
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Sep 30 2022, 04:09 PM) *

Lets get a vote going so we can nail this down. I have to bid for my vacation next year right now, so I'd like to be able to go. beerchug.gif

Can the voting option be added?
tygaboy
Vote here:
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=361939
SO.O.C914er
I think Lake Tahoe is bad ass!! Plenty of twisted canyon roads for us. Plus entertainment that will attract more of our wife’s to come. smilie_pokal.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.