Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ok to pressure wash engine
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bruce Allert
I figured it should be and would like some feedback on what to be careful of. Like covering or plugging any holes that might allow water into the interior of the engine. And keep the water outta the dizzy. Is there anything else? The 2.0 is intact with all injectors, plugs & such still on it.
bruce
seanery
The seattle guys had a thread a while back about steaming it. I'd go that way.
TheCabinetmaker
Steam will clean better, but also depends on high pressure. This pressure can destroy some of the seals and cause oil leaks. If engine tear down is not going to happen, remove the dizz, plug all openings, and use degreaser and low pressure like at the car wash without pulling the trigger.
Bruce Allert
Hmmmmm idea.gif like it's better to use the degreaser and a garden hose... That works for me. Not gonna do a tear down until I know how it runs.
bruce
Bleyseng
If everything is old then use degreaser and a hose. or the Bman way, get a case of brake cleaner and spray the shit out of it.

Geoff
Brad Roberts
Brake cleaner all the way. The engine degreaser only works if you can heat the engine up.. kinda hard to do with the engine out of the car..

B
Alfred
Brake cleaner and a garden hose doesn't sound very environmentally friendly.

Alfred
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.