Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB LE front spoiler
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Jett
Need help… about to start a restoration on a BB that is in amazing shape to start with, but of course the spoiler is missing and someone tried to turn the car all black smile.gif

I know that this part is perhaps the rarest but happy to buy or trade… we have some incredibly rare parts as well smile.gif

Please feel free to mock this thread and request smile.gif
friethmiller
Do you want me to buy your front spoiler? I will. My BB is just starting it's restoration. It's front spoiler (non-original) is in 14 pieces. How much? I can PayPal or Venmo!
Jett
QUOTE(friethmiller @ Aug 5 2022, 07:56 AM) *

Do you want me to buy your front spoiler? I will. My BB is just starting it's restoration. It's front spoiler (non-original) is in 14 pieces. How much? I can PayPal or Venmo!

Happy to once I find a replacement.
JeffBowlsby
Hey Darren, I dont think I have your BB on the 914 CanAm Registry...did you already, or will you send me details of it?
Jett
QUOTE(JeffBowlsby @ Aug 5 2022, 09:38 AM) *

Hey Darren, I dont think I have your BB on the 914 CanAm Registry...did you already, or will you send me details of it?

I think Rich gave you the VIN… if not I’ll send it over.
JeffBowlsby
QUOTE(Jett @ Aug 5 2022, 07:29 PM) *

Please.
Jett
QUOTE(JeffBowlsby @ Aug 5 2022, 07:48 PM) *

Please.

VIN sent.

Bump… I know this part is out there smile.gif
Van B
Nobody gets an LE spoiler until 914 Rubber @Mikey914 get to use one to make an accurate replica for all us posers!
Montreal914
Are the ones on some (or all? confused24.gif ) of the 75-76 cars the same as the ones on the Limited Edition cars?
Jett
QUOTE(Van B @ Aug 7 2022, 03:48 PM) *

Nobody gets an LE spoiler until 914 Rubber @Mikey914 get to use one to make an accurate replica for all us posers!

I’m good with that, but somebody needs to share so that we can spend 2x more on the restoration than the car is worth smile.gif
davep
QUOTE(Montreal914 @ Aug 7 2022, 07:06 PM) *

Are the ones on some (or all? confused24.gif ) of the 75-76 cars the same as the ones on the Limited Edition cars?

Yes, the same spoiler from 1974 through 1976 AFAIK. And should fit all years, so a good size market.
JeffBowlsby
I am told that the orignal LE spoiler was not laid up fiberglass, it was pressure molded with heat from Molding Dough Compound. A 2 sided mold that can be heated, and a large press would be needed to do this correctly.

Not sure how a repro could be made...maybe injection molded?
friethmiller
QUOTE(JeffBowlsby @ Aug 5 2022, 09:48 PM) *

Please.

@JeffBowlsby ,

Curious. What's the latest count on registered LEs? Your site says 291, which is a little out of date. What's the rate of discovery?
JeffBowlsby
QUOTE(friethmiller @ Aug 10 2022, 07:11 AM) *

QUOTE(JeffBowlsby @ Aug 5 2022, 09:48 PM) *

Please.

@JeffBowlsby ,

Curious. What's the latest count on registered LEs? Your site says 291, which is a little out of date. What's the rate of discovery?

I have a few more to add, but the 291 is not far off. Calculating a rate would be difficult. Sometime 0 cars show up in a year, other years about 5 are located.
RJMII
QUOTE(Jett @ Aug 5 2022, 08:28 AM) *

Need help… about to start a restoration on a BB that is in amazing shape to start with, but of course the spoiler is missing and someone tried to turn the car all black smile.gif

I know that this part is perhaps the rarest but happy to buy or trade… we have some incredibly rare parts as well smile.gif

i have a couple of front spoilers... what do the LE version look like?
JamesM
QUOTE(RJMII @ Aug 10 2022, 07:31 AM) *

They look like $$$$$

Also they will have the part number on them 914.503.235.10

On the off chance you do happen to have one, I am also looking to pick one up for my number matching bumblebee

More info on the difference between the originals and the repros:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...p;#entry2446893

https://bowlsby.net/914/CanAm/914LE.htm
friethmiller
QUOTE(JamesM @ Aug 10 2022, 11:48 AM) *

They look like $$$$$

On the off chance you do happen to have one, I am also looking to pick one up for my number matching bumblebee

I need one for my Bumblebee, as well.
Jett
QUOTE(RJMII @ Aug 10 2022, 08:31 AM) *

Thanks, let me know if you have one and would love to buy.
Beach914
The ends of the spoiler also show the injection bumps as shown in the pic below.
Hard to find and be ready to pay big $$$ for one.
Click to view attachment
Beach914
Creamsicle and BB at Bruces Swapmeet. BB had an original and the Creamsicle had a replica. If you cared to look....
Click to view attachment
Jett
QUOTE(Beach914 @ Aug 10 2022, 02:47 PM) *

The ends of the spoiler also show the injection bumps as shown in the pic below.
Click to view attachment

Thanks for the pics, and yes I expect to pay dearly for one, but the car is worth it.
Beach914
QUOTE(Jett @ Aug 10 2022, 05:04 PM) *

QUOTE(Beach914 @ Aug 10 2022, 02:47 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Thanks for the pics, and yes I expect to pay dearly for one, but the car is worth it.

I agree and did.
dhuckabay
Am working to get mine to 914 Rubber next week. I have a fiberglass shop but they are much better suited to this than I will ever be.
dhuckabay
Am working to get mine to 914 Rubber next week. I have a fiberglass shop but they are much better suited to this than I will ever be.
RJMII
QUOTE(JamesM @ Aug 10 2022, 10:48 AM) *

They look like $$$$$

looks like i have a repro.
Jett
QUOTE(RJMII @ Aug 10 2022, 06:34 PM) *

QUOTE(JamesM @ Aug 10 2022, 10:48 AM) *

They look like $$$$$

looks like i have a repro.

Thanks for looking!
Jett
QUOTE(dhuckabay @ Aug 10 2022, 05:41 PM) *

Thanks! I am sure Mark is capable of making it happen!

Of course, I will be happy for a good reproduction, but will keep looking for a stock one smile.gif

Cheers and thanks for the community help!
Beach914
I run a repro on mine as I just know I’ll take it off on a curb or driveway somewhere, some time. Too risky. I would put it on if it were a garage queen, but I like driving mine.
Jett
Bump. Still looking.
Jett
Bump
dhuckabay
QUOTE(Jett @ Aug 28 2022, 06:14 PM) *

Bump. Still looking.

Suspect 914 Rubber will have them in he near future.
NARP74
Is this a real one? I can't tell the difference.
https://fortcollins.craigslist.org/pts/d/es...7527464515.html
scallyk9
QUOTE(NARP74 @ Sep 4 2022, 03:19 PM) *

Based on the fitment and angle of the vertical in front of the wheel well, I'd say this one is a replica based on the replica and real ones I have. And I can't see the mountings for the lower metal support straps. One really needs an angle shot of the lower wheel well to see the two molding protuberances just inside the edge and to be able to see the VW number on the back of the originals.
Jett
QUOTE(NARP74 @ Sep 4 2022, 03:19 PM) *

I contacted the fellow, and no it is a repro, but thanks!
Jett
Bump…still looking.

I have a wide array of cool parts too potentially trade or am expecting to pay a lot smile.gif. The BB will be amazing when finished
Johny Blackstain
I would love to see two repro's, completely stock and flared with a GT opening cool_shades.gif
rgalla9146
QUOTE(Jett @ Sep 20 2022, 10:56 AM) *

Bump…still looking.

I have a wide array of cool parts too potentially trade or am expecting to pay a lot smile.gif. The BB will be amazing when finished

What are the cool parts that are in play ?
PM please
Jett
Thanks for any leads … bump.

I have an NOS dash in a box smile.gif
davep
Has anyone any experience in repairing the original spoiler, particularly around the mounting points. One that I acquired needs a fair bit of work at these points before it can be mounted again.
JeffBowlsby
QUOTE(davep @ May 11 2023, 07:50 PM) *

Has anyone any experience in repairing the original spoiler, particularly around the mounting points. One that I acquired needs a fair bit of work at these points before it can be mounted again.

Factory LE spoilers are not fiberglass but fiberglass technology is compatible with repairing them. I have had a few repaired. Take it to a good fiberglass repair/boat repair shop its not a problem.
ddire333
QUOTE(davep @ May 12 2023, 02:50 AM) *

50% of my mounting points where broken when I restored couple of years ago. Tried fiberglass (myself) but limited success. Was enough to get it mounted and then used some polyurethane bond to fix to the bumper in a couple of places, last thing you want is it falling off, and it can be undone without to much effort.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.