Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Found in the deep wild of Livingston, MT
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bbrock
I was itching for a drive today so cut off work a little early and drove out to pick up the mail and on to Livingston to treat myself to a chocolate shake. Then I drove around aimlessly for awhile pointing down shady back lanes of Livingston I had never explored. I drove slowly around a sweeping bend and couldn't believe what appeared before my eyes!

Click to view attachment

The blue one is sporting 4-spoke fuchs and the red one is shod in Rivieras. I did not get the VINs because I couldn't find anyone around and it looked like a place where people might not take kindly to someone snooping around with a camera without permission. I'll be back though.
Dion
No kidding?! Neat. How was the shake? beer3.gif
jim_hoyland
VINs ?
mepstein
Buy them.
bbrock
QUOTE(Dion @ Aug 8 2022, 06:40 PM) *

No kidding?! Neat. How was the shake? beer3.gif

Very refreshing biggrin.gif
bbrock
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Aug 8 2022, 07:00 PM) *

VINs ?

Note below the pic explains why I didn't get VINs... yet. Next time I'm in the area earlier in the day, I'll see if someone is around to get permission for VIN pics.

QUOTE(mepstein @ Aug 8 2022, 07:00 PM) *

Buy them.

You are evil. happy11.gif I just told the wife this is the kind of find that could get me in a lot of trouble if I had dedicated shop space. I don't, so she is safe.
StarBear
Amazing that ones are still sitting around lonely. I try to keep half an eye out while cruising by shops and auto yards. One never knows…..
bkrantz
Holy cow! That's like five 914s in Montana.
Front yard mechanic
The pipe out front is for tying up your horse. I say trade him some hay
bbrock
QUOTE(Front yard mechanic @ Aug 8 2022, 09:24 PM) *

The pipe out front is for tying up your horse. I say trade him some hay

lol-2.gif That literally could be true! But do you know how expensive hay is these days around here?
ConeDodger
Way back, I played baseball on a scholarship at MSU in Bozeman. There was no speed limit during the day so I’d spend the night with a girl in Livingston. It was tiny. In the morning I’d hustle my Chevelle SS 350 back to Bozeman for my first class.

I didn’t see any 914’s back then… evilgrin.gif
930cabman
QUOTE(mepstein @ Aug 8 2022, 07:00 PM) *

Buy them.

Weren't you looking for more abuse?
914Sixer
That's wild. Oddly enough my Orange 75 came from Livingston and made its way to Austin somehow. Says it was sold from Atkin Porsche/Audi in Butte MT. Says sold 9-6-75.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
he is one of our good customers!
bbrock
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Aug 8 2022, 09:56 PM) *

Way back, I played baseball on a scholarship at MSU in Bozeman. There was no speed limit during the day so I’d spend the night with a girl in Livingston. It was tiny. In the morning I’d hustle my Chevelle SS 350 back to Bozeman for my first class.

Thankfully, I think you would still recognize the Livingston you remember. Bozeman on the other hand... sad.gif
worn
QUOTE(bbrock @ Aug 9 2022, 07:23 AM) *

Thankfully, I think you would still recognize the Livingston you remember. Bozeman on the other hand... sad.gif

Just drove thru three days ago. Absolutely gorgeous country!
bbrock
QUOTE(worn @ Aug 9 2022, 04:52 PM) *

Then you were within 3 miles of my house. But it is not gorgeous. It is ugly as stromberg.gif and so are the women. No reason for anyone to move here.
KELTY360
QUOTE(bbrock @ Aug 10 2022, 06:08 PM) *

QUOTE(worn @ Aug 9 2022, 04:52 PM) *

Then you were within 3 miles of my house. But it is not gorgeous. It is ugly as stromberg.gif and so are the women. No reason for anyone to move here.

Safe to say Elizabeth won’t be reading this thread?
ConeDodger
QUOTE(bbrock @ Aug 9 2022, 11:23 AM) *

I remember walking down the street at night after getting in to a fight with my girlfriend and getting picked up by the town cop driving a six cylinder 60’s pickup with three on the tree. He basically drove me around and gave me relationship advice. He dropped me at the bar everyone hung out at and told me to be patient with her. Why do I think it was a VFW? Might have been Manhattan. We hung out in both towns. A couple of my teammates lived out there, what 30 miles or so from Bozeman?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.