Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New 914 Rubber muffler arrived
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jim_hoyland
Just received this beautiful SS 1,7/1.8 muffler today.
StarBear
So shiny and new! piratenanner.gif
eric9144
wub.gif
ssstikircr
I’m jealous!! dry.gif
Conrad192
-It must be muffler month. I just installed my new 75-76 2.0 reproduction muffler from
Auto Atlanta. I waited a year for the release, but couldn't be happier piratenanner.gif
barefoot
Well I have muffler envy, wub.gif very nice note no weld drop thru at tube to flange joints.
On my OEM style i had to grind considerable drop thru out.

Click to view attachment
mepstein
Looks familiar
jim_hoyland
Great pricing for the high quality workmanship
See; https://914rubber.com/1-7-1-8-ss-muffler
Front yard mechanic
QUOTE(barefoot @ Aug 9 2022, 08:33 AM) *

Well I have muffler envy, wub.gif very nice note no weld drop thru at tube to flange joints.
On my OEM style i had to grind considerable drop thru out.

Click to view attachment

Calculated back pressure
sb914
How does it sound?
mb911
QUOTE(sb914 @ Aug 10 2022, 04:57 AM) *

How does it sound?

I am pretty confident it sounds great as it is a proven design that has been around for years. That's all I am willing to comment on it.
ssstikircr
Need to add some pics after the install along with with a video so we can here it.
popcorn[1].gif
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(ssstikircr @ Aug 10 2022, 10:14 AM) *

Need to add some pics after the install along with with a video so we can here it.
popcorn[1].gif

Will do. I’m just finishing another project. Cars already on jackstands….
emerygt350
I mean, we all want to save weight but I don't think a rubber muffler is going to last very long.
jdamiano
QUOTE(ssstikircr @ Aug 10 2022, 11:14 AM) *

popcorn[1].gif

914Rubber has a video link on their site. https://914rubber.com/2-0-ss-muffler
jim_hoyland
Ric Ralston ( Gonzo54) came over to help install the new muffler, definitely a two man job.

Awesome muffler !
autopro
Wow, what a nice muffler, it does really look great. I've been wanting to get one with the twin pipes out the middle.
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(autopro @ Aug 26 2022, 03:32 PM) *

Wow, what a nice muffler, it does really look great. I've been wanting to get one with the twin pipes out the middle.

There is a provision for a second pipe on the right end.
Will bring to C & C Saturday Sept 3rd
914werke
No Valance?
mb911
popcorn[1].gif
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(914werke @ Aug 26 2022, 03:43 PM) *

No Valance?

Going to adjust the tail pipe exit to fit the valance, the pipe needs to be an inch lower.
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(914werke @ Aug 26 2022, 03:43 PM) *

No Valance?

Going to adjust the tail pipe exit to fit the valance, the pipe needs to be an inch lower.
jim_hoyland
Took a test drive where I could really open up; Feels like a 1”HP boost compared to the Bursch extractor.
Going to make a audio recording with my iPhone, not sure if the best way to capture the sound; I don’t have a Go-Pro
Any suggestions ?
Aerostatwv
Can you provide a pic of the tailpipe modification when done? I've got the same dilemma with valance interference. Thanks! Chris
914werke
confused24.gif Hmm has this been brought to Marks attention for refinement? Id have thought that it should fit w/o mods?
nditiz1
Back to R&D, sale on ones needing mods biggrin.gif
Steve
A muffler shop can easily cut off the pipe and reweld it. We had to do this with some of Ben's mufflers due to the various valances that are out there.
Mikey914
Yes we are aware. The fabricator I used had a jig from a previous project that we used for these. I do have some mufflers that will be polished and sold as "show mufflers" or we can rework them. The 2nd corrected run we sold out of this morning.

The original was tight at best
You can see the changes
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.