Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cross Sectioned 2.0 Head?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Brian Mifsud
In the Ford forum I also frequent, a couple of the die-hard drag racers have been sectioning heads up to show the wall thicknesses and shapes of valve passages pre and post porting.

Has anyone done something similiar for 914 2.0 heads? Got photos?

If not, I've got a brand spankin new metal cutting blade in my 18" bandsaw and would love to take this one on. Anyone else interested in the photos? I'm mainly interested in understanding the thermal paths in the head, and opportunities that may reveal themselves.

(Looking for a ruined and not salvageable 2.0 914 head)

Thanks

Brian
Mueller
Someone on the shoptalkforums has done this, not sure if it was a 2.0 head or one of the smaller ones....very interesting pics.....

I still want to convert an aircooled head to watercooled so I'll be looking forward to your discovery smile.gif welder.gif
John
I have been reading many posts and I believe that Jake Raby has stated numerous times that Len (_____) has sections of cut up 2.0 heads in his posession.

I don't recall Len's last name at the moment, but he seems to be the guru of 2.0 TIV heads. (at least from what I have read)

I just wish I could afford him to do a set for me.
Dave_Darling
Hoffman. HAM Inc. He and someone else posted cut-up heads over on the Shoptalk Forums Type 4um BBS. 1.7, 2.0, and Vanagon. It was interesting to see the differences and where things get very thin...

--DD
gklinger
Cutaways here and here
TravisNeff
Thanks for the links Garry, very eye opening! especially with the 1.7 heads.
Jake Raby
Len has dozens of these and all the various heads and also silicone pours of the ports....

Seems every time I go by there he has a new one to show me.... You should see the port molds of the F production heads he just finished for Tom Burdge's FP engine- AMAZING!

BTW- Don't let those 1.7 heads fool ya.. It has TONS of potential- especially with a plug relocation and chamber reshaping to benefit quench- thats why we are using them on the "Super 2 Liter" project
Brian Mifsud
That's the stuff thanks!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.