Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Luft8
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
siverson
FYI - Luft8 tickets just went on sale. Pricey for a car show (IMO), but usually a really good event.

https://vivenu.com/event/luftgekuhlt-8-7gw8

-Steve

siverson
Luft5
Steve
Curious how many 914's will they allow this time, since they won't be celebrating the 914 this time?
eric9144
Got tickets and submitted my car as a feature car, we'll see how that goes... popcorn[1].gif
Optimusglen
I got my tickets, not sure if I'll get a media pass, their media request email address kicks back.
burton73
Got my tickets and I submitted my 6 ( number 41) to the show

Bob B
Click to view attachment
ndfrigi
wow! In addition to Eric @eric9144 914-6 conversion, Bob @burton73 914-6, steve @siverson 914-6.
Maybe the following SoCal members can join too.
Steve @steve 914-6 conversion
Andy @socalandy 914-6
Rob @robarabian 914-6
Jim @banananose914 914-6
Oscar @ValcoOscar 914-6 conversion and 914-LS engine
Jerry @LS1V8Jerry 914-8 LS engine
Retroracer
Put my car in for entry as well - we shall see...... Longer drive this year if accepted again! Worth attending if you're lucky enough to get tickets.

From Luft VI:

Click to view attachment

- Tony
burton73
They have sold out very fast in the past.

If a person is on the fence as far as going, get a ticket and if you decide not to go you can sell your ticket. My thinking

Bob B
rgalla9146

Oh I wanna, Oh I wanna
Maybe fly in ? but I really wanna drive in !
Two months. 2800 mi.
campbellcj
I submitted mine as well but unsure how many total cars or 914s there will be - much smaller venue vs Universal. Either way we should at least coordinate a 914 area in the parking lot...
MM1
Pricey? Can’t tell since they”re sold out.

Click to view attachment
MM1
Well, alrighty then. . . I guess, uh . . .well I sure hope I”m lucky enough to be surprised that @Robarabian is taking me in his beautiful 914-6 with that extra ticket he bought for my birthday - av-943.gif

Maybe a camping spot Laguna Seca”s Turn 10 (reach out and touch ‘em) for this year’s 100th Anniversary of LeMans at the Rolex Reunion is a fair trade. . . idea.gif
Robarabian
@mm1 they were sold out buddy, I'll have to rain check you on the Luft 8 event, but of course, you are always welcome to hop in and ride in the 6, the 4 Turbo or the Cayman...
MM1
I hear ya - I should be taking you next time anyway! . . .I hope to see you at Laguna-Seca!

Please feel free - 'Teeners - to stop by the inside of Turn 10 if you happen to be at the Rolex Reunion this year (or any year) . . .

Corkscrew - 2017:

Click to view attachment

ValcoOscar
I have a conflict so won't be attending, however if anyone needs lodging that weekend let me know.

It will cost you a diet Pepsi beer3.gif

Oscar

tpines
Would love to have attended this great show! Stay away from those diet sodas Oscar!

Clark
LS1V8Jerry
QUOTE(siverson @ Aug 9 2022, 11:06 AM) *

FYI - Luft8 tickets just went on sale. Pricey for a car show (IMO), but usually a really good event.

https://vivenu.com/event/luftgekuhlt-8-7gw8

-Steve

Sounds like a good time… unfortunately I’m out of town on vacation. I will be looking forward to next gathering… beerchug.gif
Maltese Falcon
These are very cool exhibits, I think that they could accommodate many more attendees by using a location like California Speedway (Fontana) or the Rose Bowl (Pasadena); instead of capping their ticket sales based on limited attendee space.
Bimmerfest has utilized both of the above locations with great success.
@MATTYLITE , Patrick Long, and self at the San Pedro event a few years back
Click to view attachment
siverson
Has anyone heard if their car has been "accepted" to present (ie be in the car show)? When are we supposed to hear that?

-Steve
Steve
Nope
914SIXXation
QUOTE(siverson @ Sep 8 2022, 08:44 AM) *

Has anyone heard if their car has been "accepted" to present (ie be in the car show)? When are we supposed to hear that?

-Steve

Hi Steve,

I would think that the announcements regarding those accepted should be out any day now with the event taking place 4 weeks from Sunday.

I'm sure all watching will post asa anyone gets some info. to pass on.

My engine/tranny is being installed as we speak and should be ready to go in a couple of weeks.......hopefully it's first big event will be Luft8.

I'll post on 914World if I hear anything......

Good luck everybody!

Cheers,
Margie
driving-girl.gif margie_914.jpg
914SIXXation
QUOTE(Steve @ Sep 8 2022, 09:03 AM) *

Nope

Good Morning Steve and all......

I'm IN Luft! Yippee!!!!

Woke up to find a welcomed email from Luft received at 1:00 AM this morning.

My 1970 914-6 has been accepted and I received my Feature Car Submission Document and Early Admission Ticket..... (Move in 7:00 AM)

Hope everyone gets their acceptance today as well.

Looking forward to seeing who is in and to seeing everyone! GOOD LUCK!

Cheers,
Margie
campbellcj
^ Very cool and well-deserved Margie! I'd been figuring they will lean towards cars that have not been in prior Luft shows but not totally sure.
914SIXXation
QUOTE(campbellcj @ Sep 9 2022, 08:32 AM) *

^ Very cool and well-deserved Margie! I'd been figuring they will lean towards cars that have not been in prior Luft shows but not totally sure.

Hey everybody....... Rewind.......

I'm concerned that I may have misinterpreted the info I received this morning and jumped the gun.......

After talking to several other teeners that I know would have easily been accepted before my car, I'm not going to assume that I'm in.

Today I received an email at 1:00 AM from the company registering people and they were requesting completion of some "demographic" type information. After I filled in that information, it allowed me to download my Feature Car Submission Ticket as well as Early Admission Ticket. My Feature Car Submission Time on todays Ticket with scan bar states "7:00 AM" . My previous ticket printed in August stated "8:00 AM".

So I think I need to get more clarification from Luft to make sure I'm not assuming I'm in the Luft 8.

Sorry for this as I'm sure everyone is sitting on needles and pins waiting to know when we will find out who is officially in Luft 8.

Thanks for understanding.....

Cheers,
Margie driving-girl.gif

eric9144
@914SIXXation Margie those are just the tickets, if you 'feature car submitted' you get one of those and your early admission ticket.

As we get closer we might have to see who's heading up from San Diego and possibly caravan, I know there's at least 3 of us beerchug.gif
sixnotfour
Sold Out
914SIXXation
QUOTE(914SIXXation @ Sep 9 2022, 09:56 AM) *

QUOTE(campbellcj @ Sep 9 2022, 08:32 AM) *

Hey everybody....... Rewind.......

I'm concerned that I may have misinterpreted the info I received this morning and jumped the gun.......

After talking to several other teeners that I know would have easily been accepted before my car, I'm not going to assume that I'm in.

Today I received an email at 1:00 AM from the company registering people and they were requesting completion of some "demographic" type information. After I filled in that information, it allowed me to download my Feature Car Submission Ticket as well as Early Admission Ticket. My Feature Car Submission Time on todays Ticket with scan bar states "7:00 AM" . My previous ticket printed in August stated "8:00 AM".

So I think I need to get more clarification from Luft to make sure I'm not assuming I'm in the Luft 8.

Sorry for this as I'm sure everyone is sitting on needles and pins waiting to know when we will find out who is officially in Luft 8.

Thanks for understanding.....

Cheers,
Margie driving-girl.gif

Several people I've communicated with today received an email from Luft this afternoon stating they could only take 25% of the entrants so they weren't chosen. One person told me that they received an invitation confirming they were IN the Luft 8.

So that's all I know.....Best of luck!

Cheers,
Margie driving-girl.gif

siverson
I haven't heard anything yet either way...

-Steve
eric9144
QUOTE(siverson @ Sep 15 2022, 07:58 AM) *

I haven't heard anything yet either way...

Same... But I bought an early admission ticket so I'll be there either way beerchug.gif
Optimusglen
I was confirmed for my press credentials! Hope to see some of you there.
Mueller
I missed out on buying a ticket, anyone care to share how much a spectator ticket was so that I can budget for one next year?
eric9144
QUOTE(Mueller @ Sep 15 2022, 01:58 PM) *

I missed out on buying a ticket, anyone care to share how much a spectator ticket was so that I can budget for one next year?

Not cheap, CSOB's avert your eyes blink.gif :
Luftgekühlt 8
Early Admission Ticket (ticket + tee) $110.00
Feature Car Submission $10.00

Think there was one other tier of ticket that wasn't early entry for slightly less...
siverson
Luft reject.
campbellcj
I just got my 'rejection' as well - I kinda expected it as my car was in Luft6 and am honestly a little relieved as I can rethink whether I want to deal with the fairly brutal drive in my barely streetable car...

Anyways I believe I will have a spare standard (10AM) admission ticket available as I now have an 8AM early admin ticket. @mueller first dibs if you're interested
914_7T3
QUOTE(siverson @ Sep 16 2022, 11:10 AM) *

Luft reject.

+1

drunk.gif
Optimusglen
QUOTE(campbellcj @ Sep 16 2022, 01:52 PM) *

I just got my 'rejection' as well - I kinda expected it as my car was in Luft6 and am honestly a little relieved as I can rethink whether I want to deal with the fairly brutal drive in my barely streetable car...

Anyways I believe I will have a spare standard (10AM) admission ticket available as I now have an 8AM early admin ticket. @mueller first dibs if you're interested

Should note, I thought I read that the tickets are non-transferable. I'm not sure how they check or anything but be advised.
Steve
I was also rejected, but happy I was. Getting there early and being stuck there all day is not very appealing.
Steve
[/quote]
Should note, I thought I read that the tickets are non-transferable. I'm not sure how they check or anything but be advised.
[/quote]

I also noticed that, but I also bought a bunch of tickets last time for friends and family and there was no option to fill in different names on the tickets and we had no problems getting in.
914SIXXation
QUOTE(siverson @ Sep 16 2022, 01:10 PM) *

Luft reject.

Hey, sorry to see all of the 914 rejections.....

I too received my notice of non acceptance....

I have been in Luft 4, 5, and 6 so they're probably ready for something new.....
Understandable why I wasn't invited. Greatly appreciate my past opportunities. Luft 4 was my first opportunity to meet so many great 914World friends..... so happy about that!

I understand that Andy got his notice too......he's been in 4 past Luft events with his beautiful yellow 914-6.

I wonder how many 914s are represented in the show?

I have a 7:00 AM early entry I received and noted in my earlier posts (originally had an 8:00 AM early entry). Anyone else have 7:00 AM entrance? I would think that besides seeing all those accepted in the Luft 8 show, it would still be a lot of fun to mingle and look at all of those that gather in the reserved air-cooled parking lot.

Either way, it should be a super event and great time to see some really cool air-cooled Porsches!

Hope everyone has a nice weekend!

Cheers,
Margie
campbellcj
[quote name='Steve' date='Sep 16 2022, 02:31 PM' post='3030141']
[/quote]
[/quote]

I also noticed that, but I also bought a bunch of tickets last time for friends and family and there was no option to fill in different names on the tickets and we had no problems getting in.
[/quote]

Yep also there is not even a visible name on the tickets, only a QR code
eric9144
I'm a reject too but consider myself amongst the finest group of rejects that could have possibly come together (you guys lol-2.gif)
I'd already bought an early admission ticket since I've never been to a Luft event, still planning on being there, wasn't aware that "Cars in the Canyon" was the day before as that's always been a pretty great event (at no cost).

I'm curious if any of us were accepted this round.
siverson
Bummer, I can't make Luft8 this year now which also means I have 3 tickets for sale.

2 early entry ($220 for both) and 1 regular admission ($50). Anyone interested?

-Steve
Optimusglen
QUOTE(siverson @ Oct 5 2022, 05:53 PM) *

Bummer, I can't make Luft8 this year now which also means I have 3 tickets for sale.

2 early entry ($220 for both) and 1 regular admission ($50). Anyone interested?

-Steve

I had an extra as well, because I got press creds. I put it up on my Instagram In a story and I had a buyer within minutes. If you're on IG you could send me your info and I can share it if you're still looking for a buyer, I had a few people contact me about mine after it sold.
campbellcj
Turns out I have one extra regular admin (10AM) ticket as well. Would love to see a 914worlder make use of it.
Maltese Falcon
We nailed 1 of the last 2 display spots...hope to see y'all in old 'Pedro this Sunday !
Click to view attachment
burton73
#41 was chosen to be in but we where just not ready with it. Eric is taking her out for a test drive right as I post.

Bob B

Click to view attachment
Maltese Falcon
#41 is the bees knees...I'm sure Patrick L. + staff would consider your entry in a upcoming event !
Marty
eric9144
Mine will be there on display... In the parking lot av-943.gif confused24.gif
Looking forward to seeing Luft in person, seem to miss it every year. Will be there with my daughter on early admission.
ValcoOscar
Should be fun, I'm out but will be in San Pedro early to do a quick meet-up.

Enjoy,

O
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.