Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Best Side View Mirrors on Race Car
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
motorvated
I currently have the two black Baby Tornado side view mirrors that were on the car when I bought it. Now that the car is a race car, they always seem to vibrate out of adjustment during races. Anybody have a recommendation for other mirrors that stay put and mount using the same threaded holes in the doors.

Thanks,
Mike S.
Bullethead
Stock mirrors are hard to beat.
BillJ
Just drive faster and stay out front lol.

I have the same mirrors and they stay pretty good. How old are they?

I would agree the stock mirrors do stay put...
motorvated
QUOTE(BillJ @ Aug 9 2022, 04:21 PM) *

Just drive faster and stay out front lol.

I have the same mirrors and they stay pretty good. How old are they?

I would agree the stock mirrors do stay put...

They are pretty old. I like their field of vision. I might just source some stock mirrors and try them out.
wndsrfr
QUOTE(motorvated @ Aug 9 2022, 12:26 PM) *

I currently have the two black Baby Tornado side view mirrors that were on the car when I bought it. Now that the car is a race car, they always seem to vibrate out of adjustment during races. Anybody have a recommendation for other mirrors that stay put and mount using the same threaded holes in the doors.

Thanks,
Mike S.

Put in a "Wink" mirror....amazing coverage rear, left and right sides without taking your eyes off of what's in front...best mirror ever & also provides nice sun shade for late afternoon sessions....

https://www.amazon.com/JEGS-Performance-Pro...71344&psc=1
motorvated
QUOTE(wndsrfr @ Aug 9 2022, 08:23 PM) *

QUOTE(motorvated @ Aug 9 2022, 12:26 PM) *

Thanks,
Mike S.

Put in a "Wink" mirror....amazing coverage rear, left and right sides without taking your eyes off of what's in front...best mirror ever & also provides nice sun shade for late afternoon sessions....

https://www.amazon.com/JEGS-Performance-Pro...71344&psc=1

Already have a four panel Wink inside and I love it. Still like to have good side views in addition to the Wink.
stownsen914
I think the Vitaloni mirrors have a set screw arrangement on the backside to allow you to tighten them (to better hold adjustment)?
brant
Stock work well

You have to take out the glass and tighten the swivel adj nut above 115-120

But I figure that swivel is already looser than the factory would have set it too around 50 years ago
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.