Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Parking Brake Cable end rubber covers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jim_hoyland
Are the rubber boots at the ends ( firewall and caliper ) different?
I’m trying to locate a set for both ends of each cable,
StarBear
Yes, they are different. The forward (firewall) ones come with the cables. The rearward (caliper) ones are from AA and 914 Rubber. Installing my rear ones tomorrow. A prior thread on this maybe two weeks ago. Tricky to get the boot over the cable clip onto the caliper hook.
Photos maybe tomorrow .
fixer34
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Aug 10 2022, 07:22 PM) *

Are the rubber boots at the ends ( firewall and caliper ) different?
I’m trying to locate a set for both ends of each cable,

Yes they are, and I have a extra set. Bought from 914Rubber earlier this year, then I bought the full cable special last month which came with new boots also.
Pete
robkammer
I can vouch for the 914 rubber boots. Slather a little Dawn dish soap on them, it's make installation much easier.
Rob
mgphoto
When you put the rubber boot over the clevis at the caliper use a blunted awl, slide it into the opening at the clevis side, as you push the clevis through the hole use the awl, being careful not to catch the tip on the boot, take the awl and spread the opening using the clevis for leverage, spin the awl around the clevis and the hole will open enough to push the clevis through the hole.
Works every time haven’t torn one yet done this about 10 times on my car in 40 years .
StarBear
Here are the pics! On to the other side…
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Mikey914
Very nice!
StarBear
The right side. Done!
It looks (?) like there’s a slot for a wire stay around the bigger end.
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.