Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Porsche badge up front
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
worn
Been driving my 914 around the country. Some saw it as an old Fiat, but hardly anyone really knew what the car is. Of course American dealers had an answer. Put a badge on the hood cause the only part that says Porsche is invisible on the engine lid. Then others rebelled saying they would spit on the cookies and go home. Rightly so. My tentative solution comes from Walmart. You can buy large numbers of these and plaster them onto the car.
Click to view attachment

This will quiet the lack of due respect. Or maybe not. Door, trunk, other door, other trunk.
930cabman
QUOTE(worn @ Aug 11 2022, 08:31 PM) *

Been driving my 914 around the country. Some saw it as an old Fiat, but hardly anyone really knew what the car is. Of course American dealers had an answer. Put a badge on the hood cause the only part that says Porsche is invisible on the engine lid. Then others rebelled saying they would spit on the cookies and go home. Rightly so. My tentative solution comes from Walmart. You can buy large numbers of these and plaster them onto the car.
Click to view attachment

This will quiet the lack of due respect. Or maybe not. Door, trunk, other door, other trunk.

+1, great solution. Are they available in the store?
Bullethead

Some of the other decals available are pretty compelling, too: https://www.walmart.com/c/kp/ferrari-decal

I've never been in a Walmart, but might go now.
TheCabinetmaker
I don't think 4cylinder badges were put on at the dealer.
worn
QUOTE(TheCabinetmaker @ Aug 12 2022, 08:54 AM) *

I don't think 4cylinder badges were put on at the dealer.

No, and my recent experience indicates they are way to small anyway. Think trash can lid size for the proper impressive image the cars deserve. Of course it would look terrible, so maybe I won't.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.