Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help in wapato wa 8/12 3 pm
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
piscean914
Hey guys stuck on side of rd in wapato wa- my shift coupler bushing failed and I have no 4/5 gears - please help Brad I can drive to local shop if there are parts
piscean914
Thanks to rich at 914 werk and John walker for getting on the phone to help - I was able to “Mcgiver” bent thin metal ties, duct tape, and the shift boot to make temp “bushings” to get me back 160 miles home - so far so good - all gears - anyone have experience/recommendations with bronze shift coupler bushings? Thanks again
mlindner
I really like the Tangerine product if that portion is worn out. MarkClick to view attachment
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(piscean914 @ Aug 12 2022, 08:28 PM) *

Thanks to rich at 914 werk and John walker for getting on the phone to help - I was able to “Mcgiver” bent thin metal ties, duct tape, and the shift boot to make temp “bushings” to get me back 160 miles home - so far so good - all gears - anyone have experience/recommendations with bronze shift coupler bushings? Thanks again

Rich at 914werke has the bronze bushing for the rear console , I used the bronze bushings sold on Ebay for the shift coupler near the fire wall, and i used Rick from rix914parts.com firewall bushing. but if you want to go all out i would look at the Tangereen racing products both the firewall bushing, the shift coupler replacment using a U-joint , and the console conversion.

Phil
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.