Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: cold start valve orientation, weird fuel rail, Aux air reg. repair
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
pgollender
Got pix, but need help/opinions.
#1. Cold start valve > fuel connector on top or below electrical port ? (up or down)
#2. My right side fuel rail doesn't look stock to me. Don't 914 FR's point both point upward on right and left sides?
#3. Who has insight to repair broken wire leading into Auxillary Air Regulator ? Broken exactly at the entry point.
pgollender
QUOTE(pgollender @ Aug 15 2022, 08:14 AM) *

#1. Cold start valve > fuel connector on top or below electrical port ? (up or down)
#2. My right side fuel rail doesn't look stock to me. Don't 914 FR's point both point upward on right and left sides?
#3. Who has insight to repair broken wire leading into Auxillary Air Regulator ? Broken exactly at the entry point.

Click to view attachment
pgollender
QUOTE(pgollender @ Aug 15 2022, 08:19 AM) *

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
pgollender
QUOTE(pgollender @ Aug 15 2022, 08:20 AM) *

QUOTE(pgollender @ Aug 15 2022, 08:19 AM) *

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
914werke
Ive tried repairing that issue in the past & was never happy with the outcome.
Superhawk996
QUOTE(914werke @ Aug 15 2022, 11:29 AM) *

Ive tried repairing that issue in the past & was never happy with the outcome.

agree.gif

When the heater wire breaks off like that, it is very difficult to repair.

I've tried cutting away the steel sleeve with a lathe to expose enough of a stub to solder on a new lead. FAIL on 1 of the 2 that I've done.

I've taken one apart completely to try to fix from the inside. FAIL. If I recall properly, the lead is rivited to the ceramic bowl that contains the heater wire. Didn't see an easy was to make a reliable electrical connection that would survive (i.e. solder won't work) the heat produced by the heater.

So my total success is 1 for 3 and I don't even trust the 1 that "worked" that much it will be far to easy for that power lead to short to ground in the future -- it will be a emergency backup.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.