Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOLD! ---- 914-6 Race Car, 1974, 2.9L - AD UPDATE 02/02/2024
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
AutoXer
SOLD! ----- 914-6 Race Car, 1974, 2.9L - AD UPDATE 02/02/2024 ||||| Full Rebuild

Full Rebuild 2/2016-9/2018 (see below). It has not been raced since 2018. We decided to return to racing street cars. The engine starts and runs great. It just took us a while to decide to sell this beauty!

Car features a 911 aluminum block twin plug 2.9L engine, Weber carburetors, 901 reinforced transmission, fuel cell, engine oil cooling system, Tangerine Racing muffler, 914 chassis with roll cage reinforcement, “Ultimate 914” removable fiberglass body kit, front splitter, rear spoiler, 11# Halon fire bottle system with 3 nozzles, 18” 10° layback Pro Road Race seat; and it weighs only ~1800#.

Hx in SCCA and PCA track & autox. Won Men’s autox FTD at '05 Parade and Ladies’ autox FTD at '16 Parade. With documentation including SCCA and PCA logbooks.

Originally built '80’s; converted 914-4 chassis to 914-6 in '90 for GT2; from coupe to roadster in '99. Parts available to restore to coupe. The 2/1995 Excellence Magazine article about the 1990 build is available.

FULL REBUILD 2/2016 – 9/2018
• Rebuilt:
 Engine - top and bottom
 Transmission
 Custom Koni Shocks (2 rear shocks)

• Replaced:
 Oil cooling system
 Fuel cell
 Shift linkage
 Fly wheel, starter, and clutch
 Accelerator cable and pedal
 Rear master brake cylinder and tuned adjustable hydraulic brake bias

• Added:
 Twin plug
 Tangerine Racing stainless steel EVO-Six muffler
 New racing Koni Shocks (2 front shocks)
 Front splitter
 Rear spoiler extended
 New harness / heightened roll bar
 Custom placement of ~300# weight ballast (optional)

SOLD WITH:
• Components to restore chassis to coupe (windshield frame, fiberglass roof, Lexan windshield)
• "Richie Ginther" clear plexiglass windscreen (slight crack)
• Trans. casings and innards
• Trans. cooler for road racing
• (6) Compmotive CXN 16”D x 10”W wheels
• (6) Lite Speed 16 D x 10”W wheels (4 are on car)
• (2) other dual muffler designs, including set of SuperTrapps

Price: $34,900 or OBO (Sold As Is)

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment[attachmentid=847
924]Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
AutoXer
Bump
AutoXer
Bump
AutoXer
Bump with reduced price.
AutoXer
Bump - Reduced Price!
jmz
What’s the current state? Hours on engine known? When was it last run on track?
AutoXer
Bump with updated ad.
AutoXer
QUOTE(jmz @ Aug 28 2023, 01:16 PM) *

What’s the current state? Hours on engine known? When was it last run on track?

Hello JMZ.

I am so very sorry for my delayed response. I realized you had replied to my ad back in August when I updated the content of my ad today. I did not have my settings configured to email me when someone resplies to a post of mine. That is now fixed.

To answer your questions, the current state is quite good given all the systems of the car were rebuilt / refreshed / added-to by Musante Motorsports between 2016-2018. It has not been raced since 2018. We decided to return to racing street cars. The engine starts and runs great. It just took us a while to decide to sell this beauty!

The last time we autocrossed it was summer of 2018. The engine has approximately 10 hours on it since its top and bottom were rebuilt. I have many more pictures, documentation of all the work done by Musante, etc. And I am happy to answer any further questions you may have - that is if you're still interested!

You can reach me by cell at 207-333-8913 or by email, pksv650@yahoo.com.

Have a nice holiday season. Paul.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.