Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Porsche Class Action MPG
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914_teener
I read about this a while back.

Anybody else get the email from porsche or is it just a cheap lawyers trick?

popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif
76-914
I got the one asking me to stop putting Subaru engines in their cars. Is that the one you're referencing?
autopro
QUOTE(76-914 @ Aug 16 2022, 07:59 PM) *

I got the one asking me to stop putting Subaru engines in their cars. Is that the one you're referencing?

av-943.gif av-943.gif lol-2.gif lol-2.gif
Robarabian
I got the email reference my 2014 Cayman. And I also have a 914 with a Suby Engine in it!!! And to make matters worse, I am also a cheap lawyer.

It is legit as class actions go, but I hate them all. Class actions are for lawyers, not the people who were harmed.

This isn't a VW type thing, it is about the Sport Plus selector not being efficient, and affecting the mpg but them not disclosing it. Now logic being what it is, it is a track mode and not for street, so seems self explanatory, but ... they always find a way to make money.

CA required me to take my Cayman S to the dealer for a "PDK Update" in which they gutted the Sport plus mode. Now it drives like it did in Sport mode, with subtle differences.

QUOTE(914_teener @ Aug 16 2022, 06:31 PM) *

Elvira
Yup. I got the class action MPG email.
Read it and then deleted it. stromberg.gif
914_teener
QUOTE(76-914 @ Aug 16 2022, 07:59 PM) *

av-943.gif laugh.gif
914_teener
QUOTE(Robarabian @ Aug 16 2022, 08:48 PM) *

I got the email reference my 2014 Cayman. And I also have a 914 with a Suby Engine in it!!! And to make matters worse, I am also a cheap lawyer.

It is legit as class actions go, but I hate them all. Class actions are for lawyers, not the people who were harmed.

This isn't a VW type thing, it is about the Sport Plus selector not being efficient, and affecting the mpg but them not disclosing it. Now logic being what it is, it is a track mode and not for street, so seems self explanatory, but ... they always find a way to make money.

CA required me to take my Cayman S to the dealer for a "PDK Update" in which they gutted the Sport plus mode. Now it drives like it did in Sport mode, with subtle differences.

QUOTE(914_teener @ Aug 16 2022, 06:31 PM) *

Yep that's what I thought. I don't want any more freaking spam emails or for my Sport mode reprogrammed. Deleted.

Thanks!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.