Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Werks Reunion 2022
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Beach914
Mike (Cairo 94507) can post pics of his -6 and his competitors in the judged group.
Beach914
The Galpin LE resto was fantastic!
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
NARP74
Epic 916! Stunning And a 959 behind it.
Steve
I've never seen a two toned 916. I know PMS restored it. Was it that way from the factory?
Beach914
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
NARP74
QUOTE(Steve @ Aug 19 2022, 05:37 PM) *

I've never seen a two toned 916. I know PMS restored it. Was it that way from the factory?

I was told that it was factory. It had been black and orange for a while but it looks much better like this. I love how low it sits.
Cairo94507
What a terrific venue for Werks Reunion! There were some beautiful and rare cars this year.

The show-stopper was the 1 of only 11 916 that had just completed (Wednesday) a complete restoration by Patrick Motorsports. As you might it expect, it was beautifully done. James, Mark and others from PMS were present and they are all just great guys and love talking cars.

In addition to that stunner, Greg Taylor from Tracy had his beautiful Willow Green car there. I loved it and the interior was gorgeous. I saw it last year in his garage when it was a bare shell!

Don & Judy's '70 Silver 914-6 was parked next to me and their car was a magnet as it is, I believe, completely stock. Two nicer people, you could not find.

Beach914's Bumble Bee was with us and as usual, it was well received too.

I think we had a good representation of our little cars. I look forward to next year as this is just a great event and crowd. I encourage you, if you have not been, to try to make it.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Cairo94507
Gaudin Porsche, Las Vegas, did the Porsche Chassis challenge and entered their beautifully done Bumble Bee. These guys did a great job on a car that was a basket case 7 short months ago. Super great people and their metal man is only 25 years old. He has definitely got skills. The panel fitment and gaps were prefect to my eyes. I can't believe I only have 1 picture of that beauty. beerchug.gif

Click to view attachment
NARP74
What a great line up, love em all!
sb914
QUOTE(Beach914 @ Aug 19 2022, 05:07 PM) *

More pics of this car please! Wow wub.gif
Gustl
QUOTE(Steve @ Aug 20 2022, 12:37 AM) *

this is the way it came from the factory - the pic is from 1972

Click to view attachment

and this pic is from 1974

Click to view attachment
Cairo94507
Wow! Wolfgang, thanks so much for the pictures. Yesterday we were looking and wondering if that accent color was correct- now we know. Amazing. beer3.gif
Shackleford
That red one is mine!

Lots of pics on my Instagram @norcal914

After Werks….I think I’m gonna sell the 914. I had a blast but I want air conditioning and I want a cayman.
JamesJ
Great event and great folks at this event!
At the risk of sounding biased because Michael is a good friend, he should have taken 1st place. One of the judges even admitted that it was hard not to give 1st place to the 916 due to its rarity. Second place went to my friend Greg's car which had racing history in Mexico...also a beautiful car. I thought judging was based solely on condition and not rarity, but apparently that is not the case. Michael's car was even better than the bought and paid for by Porsche Gaudin Bumblebee(different class), which had both trunks painted in matte black and the dashpad restoration speaks for itself(see photo in previous post). I get the politics...Michael won it last year and the PCA wanted the 916 driving up to the winner's circle.
Michael is too humble to care about it and doesn't need the award to affirm what he has.
Cheers Michael!

@wonkipop
The whole point of a judged show is to be picky. What other criteria should be used to distinguish levels of restoration? confused24.gif
wonkipop
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Aug 20 2022, 04:37 PM) *

Wow! Wolfgang, thanks so much for the pictures. Yesterday we were looking and wondering if that accent color was correct- now we know. Amazing. beer3.gif

am i seeing that color right in the photos?
electric pink!

it looks f'n fantastic.

your green car next to it looks a million + 1 bucks too mr cairo.

in fact all the 914s look a million bucks.

----

thanks for the photos.
never get to see a line up like that down here. beerchug.gif

----

@JamesJ . i try not to be picky about things but do agree about the dashboard in the restored bumblebee. ? crayfords did a better job back in the early 70s with their handmade rhd dash. anyway, its good to see another 914 saved and looking almost showroom. beerchug.gif
Cairo94507
@JamesJ - Thank you for your very kind words James. I appreciate that and we really enjoyed hanging out with you- you, sir, are a gentleman. My hope is your car is on the lawn with us next year. driving.gif

We are planning next year to stay 2 nites so we do not have to drive home on Friday late afternoon/early evening (that was a brutal drive). Also, if there is another auction, we are going. beerchug.gif

As a side note, we were in stop and go traffic for hours during the return trip, and it was probably in the high 90's outside (tried not think about it since we had no AC). My car remained around 210 degrees while in that mess. As soon as we hit clean air and 50 MPH it dropped to about 195 within minutes. I can not emphasize enough how pleased I am with the front GT cooler, thermostat, GT hard lines and shroud we installed on my car for just such occasions.
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(sb914 @ Aug 20 2022, 09:59 AM) *

QUOTE(Beach914 @ Aug 19 2022, 05:07 PM) *

More pics of this car please! Wow wub.gif

so many nice cars as usual, never seen this green car and who did the seats? anyone know what brand/make those seats are??

Phil
stevesc_us
Believe it or not, the seats were done by a close friend who is also a neighbor of the owner/builder! The seats are actually original 914 cores that were modified to incorporate higher side bolsters. Here’s a pic of when they were in the process of being customized. This build has so many incredible custom details. Just a stunning example.
Click to view attachment
stevesc_us
The owner/builder BTW completed the project just in time to make its debut at Werks.

Here’s another pic of it when it was just completed. Love the stance. Note that the front and rear valences as well as the rocker panels are all steel that the owner painstakingly modified to follow the contours of the GT flares. Click to view attachment
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(stevesc_us @ Aug 22 2022, 01:54 AM) *

The owner/builder BTW completed the project just in time to make its debut at Werks.

Here’s another pic of it when it was just completed. Love the stance. Note that the front and rear valences as well as the rocker panels are all steel that the owner painstakingly modified to follow the contours of the GT flares. Click to view attachment

thanks for the reply and information. very nice, was this the winner ?
i know how it goes i’ve been in judged field in Amelia island Werks the last 3 years in a
row, won 1st last year, was bean out by a beautiful new restoration that absolutely deserved it this year. 2 years ago inexplicably lost to very rough looking car with single ownership of 35 years and need story, judging that year had nothing to do with details of the restoration, but was more about the ownership story. that said it’s fun to be there ans this year spent time talking with Magnus Walker and some other cool people that really love these cars and their unique historyz
congratulations, that’s a stunning car
Cairo94507
This Willow Green 914 is just beautiful and really stunning in person. Greg built his car himself and had a friend do the upholstery- I love the interior. It has just enough color to bring the exterior into the interior- love it. This car also has a documented race history. It came in 2nd but would have received 1st if the 916 had not been there. Congratulations to Greg & Sandi. beerchug.gif
SKL1
Thanks for all the pix. Looks like our little car was well represented!

Have to admit though I am not a fan of the colour combo of the 916- but I wouldn't kick it out of bed for eating crackers...

(looking forward to celebrating the 52th birthday of my '71 in November!)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.