Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fresh air box removal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
steuspeed
How do you get the damn thing out?

hndyhrr
Two bolts on the side (think they are 10mm) take em out. unplug electric. unhook bowden cables. wiggle it out up and forward. It's easier to take out than go back in, ask me how i know. lol
914sgofast2
Disconnect cardboard air tubes. As noted, remove two 10mm bolts on right and left sides under the cowl. Push up on air box and pull forward from bottom. Once it’s far enough out for access, disconnect cable that operates flapper valves for air tubes. Then on bottom, disconnect the square black plastic wiring plug that powers the electric fan motor. It also helps to remove the black plastic drain pipes from the bottom sides of the fan housing.
aharder
I think Ian Kerr has a YouTube video on it.

bkrantz
Extra hands to pull up hard (but carefully) on the cowl while you pull the airbox forward makes it easier. And before you do that, loosen the cowl braces on either side.
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(aharder @ Aug 19 2022, 05:37 PM) *

Yes smile.gif
After doing this, the video is a great help.
steuspeed
QUOTE(aharder @ Aug 19 2022, 05:37 PM) *

I saw one where he was putting it back in, but skipped the cable connection part which is what I need.
steuspeed
QUOTE(914sgofast2 @ Aug 19 2022, 05:36 PM) *

Disconnect cardboard air tubes. As noted, remove two 10mm bolts on right and left sides under the cowl. Push up on air box and pull forward from bottom. Once it’s far enough out for access, disconnect cable that operates flapper valves for air tubes. Then on bottom, disconnect the square black plastic wiring plug that powers the electric fan motor. It also helps to remove the black plastic drain pipes from the bottom sides of the fan housing.

I got it about half way out. Unsure on how to get the cables off.
barefoot
It helps to disconnect these 2 braces to give the cowl more freedom to move slightly.
one of the fixing bolts is seen as well.

Click to view attachment
steuspeed
I got the air box out. The trick is to push the fan lever on the dash all the way one way until the cable linkage peaks out on the passenger side of the box. You can just get to the 7mm screw that secures the cable wire. Once that is loose, you can manouver the box a little more so you can get to the cabe housing clamp screw. Dissconnect the 4 pin wire harness plug. Now the box is free and will come out.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.