Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Repair original Blaupunkt radio
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Gatornapper
Friends -

Posting this for a Porsche friend who has a late '80's 944 Turbo S that he has owned almost since it was new.

He emailed me, "Do you of anyone who can fix vintage Blaupunkt radio's. I have a bad left channel on my Monterey."

As it is original, he really does not want to replace it.

I'm betting someone here will know a repair service for his radio.

Thanks!

GN
gereed75
You can try Ingo at Vintage Blau in New york. He might do it but I know he specializes in 70’s stuff.
914Sixer
Stereo Repair World
2050 B New York Ave
Huntington Station, NY 11746
631-697-5850
Juan Ramos

His shop used to be an official Blaupunkt Service center back in the day.
Jett
The 944 radio can probably be fixed by most repair shops, but if you have an old Blau then this fellow is the best…. This fellow makes some great BT DIN 6 and 7 connectors!

https://oldtimerradio.de/
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(Jett @ Aug 20 2022, 07:53 AM) *

The 944 radio can probably be fixed by most repair shops, but if you have an old Blau then this fellow is the best…. This fellow makes some great BT DIN 6 and 7 connectors!

https://oldtimerradio.de/

matthias does not repair 80s blaupunkts, but maybe you can send it to Becker Auto Sound in New jersey. They repair the factory Porsche becker units as well as the later blaupunkt radios
Gatornapper
THANKS EVERYONE! I knew the BrainTrust would know!

Passing info on to Owner now!

I'd love to be in line for his nice white 951 S - but I actually first saw it being driven by his grandson at local C&C - and the grandson made it clear he is in love with the car and in line to get it when his GrandPop passes on.

Good for him! I told him to NEVER sell it because of family history.

GN
porschetub
QUOTE(Gatornapper @ Aug 21 2022, 08:09 AM) *

THANKS EVERYONE! I knew the BrainTrust would know!

Passing info on to Owner now!

I'd love to be in line for his nice white 951 S - but I actually first saw it being driven by his grandson at local C&C - and the grandson made it clear he is in love with the car and in line to get it when his GrandPop passes on.

Good for him! I told him to NEVER sell it because of family history.

GN

You could just find a good used one in working condition for peanuts ,is it maybe a Montreal CD 34 as all units were named after capital cities as far I remember,not sure if Monteray is correct ?
Pic supplied are the old one in my 87 GTI Golf,cheers.
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.