Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Targa Top Part
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
stickyfingers
Hi all. Could someone please tell me what part #3 in this diagram called?

My foam is separated on both sides so it’s a bit of an annoyance and if possible, I’d like to replace it.

Click to view attachment

Thanks all!
Craigers17
I believe that to be the front top bolster pad, Porsche P/N 914-563-021-12 or -13, depending upon the year.
stickyfingers
QUOTE(Craigers17 @ Aug 21 2022, 06:18 PM) *

I believe that to be the front top bolster pad, Porsche P/N 914-563-021-12 or -13, depending upon the year.

Thank you, Sir. I should have mentioned mine was a 1973 1.7L. Appreciate the response.
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(stickyfingers @ Aug 21 2022, 09:42 PM) *

QUOTE(Craigers17 @ Aug 21 2022, 06:18 PM) *

Thank you, Sir. I should have mentioned mine was a 1973 1.7L. Appreciate the response.

@stickyfingers
914rubber has a reproduction of this , i recently installed mine along with a new front targa seal. good fit and finish.

Phil
dr914@autoatlanta.com
we too made them have at least 100 in stock made from the latest automotive resins will last much much longer than the original and not break off or crack
Mikey914
Got them right Here - https://914rubber.com/targa-top-to-window-seal-set-1

Not quite sure what George is referring to about cracking and breaking. We've been making these for over 10 years now, as we too have continued to make improvements. Ours is in the molding. I'll post up some pictures shortly.

And by the way we started selling these at $38 a pair, We can now sell these at $34 a pair every day price. I remember in the 80's when these were $75 EACH!!
Craigers17
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Aug 22 2022, 09:56 AM) *

Not quite sure what George is referring to about cracking and breaking. We've been making these for over 10 years now, as we too have continued to make improvements. Ours is in the molding. I'll post up some pictures shortly.

And by the way we started selling these at $38 a pair, We can now sell these at $34 a pair every day price. I remember in the 80's when these were $75 EACH!!

I don't think the part(s) you have referenced here are what the OP is looking for, ....I could be wrong. @stickyfingers @mikey914
nathanxnathan
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Aug 22 2022, 08:56 AM) *

Even though #20 is highlighted green in the op's post, he's asking about the targa bolster pad #3

It looks like the late version starts at 4732926221. Looks like the Auto Atlanta has the late part number. Anyone know what the difference is?
Mikey914
My bad.
Yes the angle of the roof would be the difference. There is an early and late roof, so the fronts are slightly different.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.