Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Can Injectors be Enlarged ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Literati914
Can injectors be enlarged (2.0L green ones in particular) or "opened-up" to support a larger displacement engine?

I ask because I'm looking at a used set that was used with a supercharged engine - which also looks like it had a 944 throttle body (2.5L N/A I believe), running off stock 2.0L plenum via an adapter, etc.. but other details of the engine are un-known. These are definitely stock injectors, just want to be sure they're not modded (for my 2056/ 2.1 TB).. but don't even know if that's a thing. Maybe it was even probable? confused24.gif Thanks.

barefoot
QUOTE(Literati914 @ Aug 21 2022, 11:10 PM) *

Can injectors be enlarged (2.0L green ones in particular) or "opened-up" to support a larger displacement engine?

I ask because I'm looking at a used set that was used with a supercharged engine - which also looks like it had a 944 throttle body (2.5L N/A I believe), running off stock 2.0L plenum via an adapter, etc.. but other details of the engine are un-known. These are definitely stock injectors, just want to be sure they're not modded (for my 2056/ 2.1 TB).. but don't even know if that's a thing. Maybe it was even probable? confused24.gif Thanks.

They're too complex for enlarging flow.
You can, however increase fuel pressure to increase flow. Remember that follow is proportional too the square root of pressure.
So if you want 10% more fuel flow you need to increase pressure by 21% (1.1squared)
Literati914
Thanks barefoot!

davep
I agree that modifying the injector would be very difficult. Two things are possible though. First is getting a similar injector with greater flow rate. Also, changing the injection pulse time to a longer duration; this might require changing the input parameters to the control box.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.