Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fs 914 fuchs 4 stud alloys
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Kingfu
I have a pair of genuine porsche alloys For sale, both with a little damage - one had a knock to the rim, the other has a slight egg on the rim. I have been quoted £70-90 per wheel to repair/ straighten each wheel. Collection from nr colchester, essex, uk so that you can inspect before purchase. Photos to follow. Looking for £400 the pair considering condition.
mepstein
That’s very optimistic for damaged wheels.
Kingfu
QUOTE(mepstein @ Aug 23 2022, 12:58 AM) *

That’s very optimistic for damaged wheels.

What would you suggest? I have seen these sell for over 300 each, these would be cheaper after repair.
mepstein
Yes, a pristine wheel without damage and with a great finish can bring $250-300. I usually see $50 -75 for damaged Fuchs but many people will not buy even at that price because a repair will be $100-150 and then shipping each way is usually another $50 per wheel.
steuspeed
Tough to say without photos. Restore them if you want premium prices. As is, will be a lot less. You also do not have a set. Harder to find a buyer. 100 pounds each might get a bite imo.
Kingfu
QUOTE(mepstein @ Aug 25 2022, 01:55 AM) *

Yes, a pristine wheel without damage and with a great finish can bring $250-300. I usually see $50 -75 for damaged Fuchs but many people will not buy even at that price because a repair will be $100-150 and then shipping each way is usually another $50 per wheel.

Ok, but I am in the uk where there are loads less 914s and spares so they will fetch more money. Also it appears that wheel repairs are much cheaper here given my quotes. The last one I saw for sale was just under £500 on ebay, which makes mine a bargain. I get that these need work to make 100%, but there is nothing to say any wheel you buy wont be perfect and need A refurb, i just like to be honest. And I would happily get them fixed up myself but I have moved to Spain, wheels are in UK at my parents house where I am staying for a week, unfortunately I will not have time to get them done.
I would also point out, I would like £400 as that is the price I would be willing to pay, but anybody interested is welcome to make a reasonable offer. Everything is negotiable. biggrin.gif
Kingfu
QUOTE(steuspeed @ Aug 25 2022, 07:02 AM) *

Tough to say without photos. Restore them if you want premium prices. As is, will be a lot less. You also do not have a set. Harder to find a buyer. 100 pounds each might get a bite imo.

Yeah, I would not sell for £100, they are worth more to me.I would rather pay to get them refurbed or shipped to Spain, but thanks for the input.
Kingfu
Following advice I have decided to get these repaired then I will revise the advert.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.