Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dallas area flooding
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
fixer34
Seeing the news reports of flooding in the DFW area. I was driving on some of those highways earlier this year.
Clay and others, how are y'all doing down there? Hoping your 914s didn't turn into Schwimwagens..
StarBear
Son and family live nearby. They’re ok; on a bit of a rise. Saw I-30 was swamped. That area gets hit with a lot of flash flooding.
ClayPerrine
The 914s have been in the garage. We didn't get as much rain here as they did in Dallas. We got almost 10 inches, some parts of Dallas got 15 inches.

I had to go out in the rain to rescue our recycle bin from washing downstream to the neighbors house, and we had one brief brownout. All of the low water crossings near here were closed, but there are other roads around them.

So nothing bad here.

Hopefully everyone else was OK.

Clay
Van B
I feel for y'all. I lived on an island for a week during Hurricane Harvey. Had to break into my MRE stash for a few of those days. It's not so much the flooding as much as it is the mess that comes after that really takes a toll on people.
ClayPerrine
The road that leads to our neighborhood crosses two creeks, one on each side of the neighborhood. Theoretically, if both overflowed their banks, we could get trapped in the neighborhood. But the one to the west would have to have a LOT of water in it before that happened.

It wasn't even close yesterday.

Clay
Rob-O
Same here. Rained hard but really didn’t see much flooding in my area (south of Clay and at the south end of the Metroplex).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.