Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Quick vid on using the colortune
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nditiz1
Just wanted to share a quick vid for anyone thinking about picking up a colortune to help them tune carbs. This is me doing cyl 3 on my 6 conversion.

Yellow/orange - Rich
Blue - good
White - Lean

It's hard even my 38 year old eyes to determine between blue and white so I just go until I see some orange and then maybe a 1/2 turn to a turn back in (towards leaning it out, clockwise)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9ks666WAmY

Also, there is another video by a Pelican member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6pam6Ql_JE
barefoot
What video ???
Steve
Very interesting!! Never seen this tool before. Thanks for sharing.
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(barefoot @ Aug 24 2022, 01:36 PM) *

What video ???

If you are surfing on an iPhone you may not be able to see embedded videos. Its an issue.

Zach
nditiz1
QUOTE(VaccaRabite @ Aug 24 2022, 10:59 AM) *

What video ???

If you are surfing on an iPhone you may not be able to see embedded videos. Its an issue.

Zach

Yeah sorry, get on a computer or a real phone laugh.gif j/k I'm not a fan boy of either, they are both fine
NARP74
Always wanted to see one in action. Thanks
930cabman
The Colortune is not expensive and I have used it several times, but it only indicates the mixture at idle. someone correct me if I'm wrong, it won't be the first or last time.
barefoot
QUOTE(nditiz1 @ Aug 24 2022, 02:15 PM) *

QUOTE(VaccaRabite @ Aug 24 2022, 10:59 AM) *

What video ???

Zach

Yeah sorry, get on a computer or a real phone laugh.gif j/k I'm not a fan boy of either, they are both fine

I'm using Mackbook guess Apple can't read this video ??
infraredcalvin
QUOTE(930cabman @ Aug 24 2022, 12:35 PM) *

The Colortune is not expensive and I have used it several times, but it only indicates the mixture at idle. someone correct me if I'm wrong, it won't be the first or last time.

Yes, it assumes that you have appropriate jets and choke, but so much of carb setup is at idle.

I have a separate wide band for each bank on my six for tuning, but I use the colortune to confirm each cylinder is set near the same baseline. I found a few lean cylinders that were being covered up by rich ones per my afr.
GBX0073
Nick Thanks for Posting
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.