Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Seatbelt Help:
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Root_Werks
Drivers seatbelt starting making a racket when pulling out belt about 2-3 weeks ago. Both sides need a lot of help retracting and some patience to get back to the parked/fully retracted position.

I've read threads, watched videos and like one of them that said to soak the mechanisms in hot water/dish soap. Free up all that 40+ year old hardened grease.

No change for me.

What are my options now? Just get new ones?

https://www.seatbeltplanet.com/i-30498936-1...AiABEgIJWPD_BwE

Can I get mine rebuilt?

confused24.gif
GregAmy
Loooove my Seatbelt Planet retracs...
mmichalik
agree.gif
The replacements I got from Seat Belt Planet are very nice.
Root_Werks
Thanks guys, was pretty much sold on Seatbelt Planet. Going to click that order button.

sportlicherFahrer
+1 for SBP new units. If you're interested in checking some out before you buy, at least one of our 914's will be at Porsche Bellingham on the 3rd for an event they are holding. Both of our cars have them. The only thing I don't really like is the receiver end of the buckle doesn't match the original look. I reused the original receivers, but the piece you insert isn't a perfect fit and takes a little getting used to for it to latch.

For info on the event I mentioned, there's a link in the PNW Teener Tuesday thread. Recommend an RSVP if you're interested in going.

914Sixer
Pull them all the way out, lock open. Wash them, let dry, apply Scotchgaurd.
Lots of places on Ebay repair seatbelts and offer new webibing cheap.
ClayPerrine
Seat Belt Planet belts are great, but I don't like the fixed end. They are too tall and interfere with the closing of the center console box.

I would send your belts out to SeatBeltPlanet and have them rebuilt with new webbing. They come back good as new and you don't have the issues with the fixed end buckles.

I wish I had done it that way.

Clay
Spoke
Bought some non-retractable seat belts from SBP for my '71. My reasoning for changing them was concern of the integrity of 50+ year old belts.
Big Len
I sent both to Seat Belt Planet for reconditioning. Now they retract and work great.
rjames
QUOTE(Big Len @ Aug 26 2022, 10:14 AM) *

I sent both to Seat Belt Planet for reconditioning. Now they retract and work great.

Can I ask what they charged you per belt? I have a pair from SB planet that I've never installed, but haven't decided if I can live with the way they look compared to the stock belts. Would much rather just recondition the stock ones if they will actually work like new again.
Root_Werks
QUOTE(Big Len @ Aug 26 2022, 10:14 AM) *

I actually like this option better.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.