Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sold - 1975 2.0 FI in SoCal - $12,999
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Tdskip
Well I am not excited about listing this but I bought a project 1974 911 Targa that is going to need everything (plus some) so something has to give.

I've owned this for around 9 months now, came to me from Montana and prior to that it was in Washington state. Looks like - but don't have proof - it was a California car from the sticker on the window and some receipts I found. Came to me from Montana not running, new fuel pump and proper fuel hoses to replace the coolant lines the other shop used (really) and it was back in business.

It is a good but not great car. Overall quite solid, never been hit and straight. Good trunks, hell hole looks OK, only welding I can see is rear floor was replaced. That welding was strong but I had my shop tidy it up and do a better job of seam sealing it.

Driver quality interior with newer seats and carpets and door panels but colors are wrong, panels installed improperly and the back pad pattern is wrong. None of that stops it from driving well but the interior restoration was clearly done by a non-expert.

Has it's factory FI, good power and doesn't smoke. Doesn't leak at all since I dropped the engine and had all the seals done and shifter bushings replaced (over $2,400 spent). New coil and ignition wires. The throttle body needs to be refreshed, it stumbles at constant speed sometimes. Idle is a bit low when hot. Typical warm start 1/4 throttle needs when it is hot and you go to restart it after it sits for 10 minutes. Left longer no issues on restart. Pulls well and will run at 80 mph+ as long as you want. So long as you are aware of the hot start procedure I'd drive it cross county as-is.

Front brake calipers are newish PMB. pulls up straight.

Repainted once in a slightly wrong color, paint is OK for a driver, call it a 10 footer. Maybe 7.5 feet if you are charitable, or 5 if you've been drinking.

Still has it's Montana plates but I have current California ones and clean California title.

Radio isn't connected but everything else works. Apparently the car is pissed at me for listing it since only one headlight came up today, last week both worked.

Tires are newish, rims have a weird blue tone to them but are true and in good shape.

Asking $12,999 and hoping it goes to someone who will drive it.
Tdskip
Sold to a super nice couple here in SoCal.
ndfrigi
That is quick Tom!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.