Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: water bottle windshield washer hookup
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Medtner3
I feel like I am missing some parts .. I am ready to take on the dangerous task of hooking up my original windshield washer to the spare tire. I have replaced all the hoses, including the critical and risky hoses in the steering column , however the bottom of the washer bottle just has a black plastic nut and a small nipple at the bottom of the bottle ... am I missing a part?

Also, how does the hose hook up to the spare tire ... is there a special part for that as well?

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
bbrock
The black plastic nut is the outlet that runs to the switch on the dash or steering column. Slip the nut over the hose, attach the hose to the nipple and then screw the nut on. It should hold tight. The other hose attached to the filler cap goes to the tire. The cap has a pressure valve inside that prevents the system from running your spare tire flat. Looks like you have everything there as far as bottle attachment goes. I haven't seen a bottle like that on a 914 though. Is it from a bug, or did they change the bottle for late year cars? confused24.gif
Medtner3
QUOTE(bbrock @ Aug 27 2022, 05:52 PM) *

The black plastic nut is the outlet that runs to the switch on the dash or steering column. Slip the nut over the hose, attach the hose to the nipple and then screw the nut on. It should hold tight. The other hose attached to the filler cap goes to the tire. The cap has a pressure valve inside that prevents the system from running your spare tire flat. Looks like you have everything there as far as bottle attachment goes. I haven't seen a bottle like that on a 914 though. Is it from a bug, or did they change the bottle for late year cars? confused24.gif

thanks. How do you attach the hose to the spare?
bbrock
QUOTE(Medtner3 @ Aug 27 2022, 06:28 PM) *

QUOTE(bbrock @ Aug 27 2022, 05:52 PM) *

thanks. How do you attach the hose to the spare?

It should have schrader hose barb to screw on to the schrader valve of the tire. If it is missing, you can use this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005DVE6Y...=UTF8&psc=1
pek771
I have the same thing on my 914. IIRC from having a lot of VW's, the spare has a female Schrader in the plastic cap, which connects to a hose>dash switch>reservoir>window squirters. It is fairly stone-age relative to now.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.