Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cats, 914s and jelly toast
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
worn
A well known physics problem notes that when dropped, toast always lands jelly side down, while a cat will land on its feet. In published studies toast was strapped to the back of a cat with the jelly side facing away from the feline. When dropped the binary system strives to overcome mutually exclusive events. The obvious outcome is the cat and toast must remain hovering in the air. Since both feet and jelly must land downward, but in this system one must land upwards.
The point is that perhaps similar forces are at work to leave 914s suspended in mid air on jack stands. No one remembers how they got there and even fewer can predict when they will return to earth.

Wish me luck. Have to change the oil and adjust rear camber tomorrow so I can see red rocks. Already have the four sitting on the lift, way taken apart and being welded. So, jack stands it must be.
StarBear
lol-2.gif
ClayPerrine
914s don't get put on jackstands. They evolve to fit their internment, and grow feet that look like jackstands from sitting still too long.

To prevent this, make sure that you exercise your 914 on a regular basis, and it won't grow feet.
worn
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Aug 27 2022, 05:02 PM) *

914s don't get put on jackstands. They evolve to fit their internment, and grow feet that look like jackstands from sitting still too long.

To prevent this, make sure that you exercise your 914 on a regular basis, and it won't grow feet.

That’s it! I knew I oughta drive mine.
KELTY360
What flavor jelly?
74ravenna
Worn, your teener has entered the 1st phase of the "immovable object vs unstoppable force" paradox.
Like many of us I am waiting for an unstoppable force to come along.

For now you just have to understand and accept that your garage or barn has become a place known as the fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone.

mlindner
Is this the 6 your changing the oil on, sounds like fun. Mark

rick 918-S
very_first_smiley[1].gif idea.gif shades.gif
worn
QUOTE(mlindner @ Aug 28 2022, 04:41 AM) *

Is this the 6 your changing the oil on, sounds like fun. Mark

Yep. Put 5 thousand miles on so far this summer to WCR. Need to freshen up for RRC. Also, have too much negative camber. Also want the door to seal in case of snow. I got snowed on a ways back at the Rt66 meeting in Arizona. Might want to figure out how to put music on my phone while the car is still up on jack stands. Check clutch and maybe bleed brakes.
worn
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Aug 28 2022, 05:25 AM) *

very_first_smiley[1].gif idea.gif shades.gif

Would love to see the Alien sometime again.
Warren
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.