Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Luggage Rack Help
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
shredtherad
Ok My car has a luggage rack and looking for any help with identifying the version or model, all the racks I see are quite different . It needs some repair and would like to made it a little safer.

The rack seems to be held on with snug fit rubber plugs?
Click to view attachment

I am looking to replace the connecting rubber plugs and maybe some suggestions on how this worked.
JeffBowlsby
In over 40 years of following 914s I have not seen that version of the luggage rack. If you want ot keep the rack, you may need to custom fab something to repair it.
shredtherad
QUOTE(JeffBowlsby @ Aug 28 2022, 09:13 AM) *

In over 40 years of following 914s I have not seen that version of the luggage rack. If you want ot keep the rack, you may need to custom fab something to repair it.

Hmmm… what do you think are some options? The lid has been drilled into.

Have the hood refinished and the holes filled.

Find another rack that fits that hole pattern (unlikely)

Monkey up another way to mount current rack
Mikey914
Looks like someone found a rack that fit, if you could figure out what it was sold for you might have some luck.
burton73
Try online for parts for boats or yachts. I think I have seen this kind of fitting on Bimini tops on boats. you may find something

Bob B

https://www.boatcoversdirect.com/products/b...AyAAEgIcS_D_BwE

welcome.png
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.