Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Steering Wheels that will fit 914?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
paleo541
Can anyone name some good quality after-market steering wheel brands that fit the 914? I was looking at Grant's, but their hub will supposedly only work with the 914-6 (according to their website).
Joe Bob
Most of the new wheels use adapter hubs. Most go for MOMOs....
campbellcj
Momo is the popular choice. I like the Monte Carlo; a lot of the other models are too "modern" styled for a 914 or early 911.

GPR is a Momo dealer and great place to order from, IMO.
lapuwali
GPR also has pretty much the best price for the Momo Monte Carlo. I also have one of these, and it's pretty much the most commonly seen aftermarket wheel on these cars.

Grant wheels are typically cheaper, and usually feel it.
Aaron Cox
momo prototipo..... smile.gif
paleo541
Yeah, I know that Momo seems to be the wheel of choice. $200+ for the hub and a lower end wheel is pretty steep for a poor man's Porsche, though. I'd like to find something in the $100 range for wheel and hub, but may be SOL.
jim912928
Put in a 911 steering wheel like I did. You can get them cheap used. The only thing you'll have to do is take the plastic cover from the back of your 914 steering wheel and cut it down alittle to fill a small gap that will be between the wheel and the steering column. I used one from a 80SC and it only took me about 30 minutes to modify the cover to fit.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.